By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why is Warhawk Greatest Hits 29.99?

Just wondering if anyone noticed the price of Warhawk on the greatest hits. Why is it 29.99 if the original price was 39.99 via download? With PS2 greatest hits, you had a 50 dollar game, then 20 dollar greatest hits. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't a 40 dollar game be something like 14.99?

Around the Network

It is still a great deal at that price. Maybe @ 29.99 it includes the map packs. If so, it is a great deal. Join the league. :)

the "next gen" tax is $10. that's why we pay $60 for new games instead of $50. Seems that $10 is on greatest hits as well.

Also you are comparing apples to oranges. With a download you pay less partly because there's no disc, no packaging. The retail version of warhawk (with a headset, mind you) sold for $60.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Warhawk is well worth purchasing at that price. For time played and fun had it is easily my favourite buy this generation.

Probably still comes with a BlueTooth headset. Someone should check that, 10 bucks for the headset, 20 for the game.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

Around the Network
dawve24 said:
Warhawk is well worth purchasing at that price. For time played and fun had it is easily my favourite buy this generation.

Ditto.

I don't think it comes with the map packs though. But still, it's a great deal

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"

Well if it comes with the headset, its a steal of a deal! I was planning on getting this game but I guess I'll wait for the GH's.

edit: for some reason when I edited my post it posted it again.

|_emmiwinks said:
Probably still comes with a BlueTooth headset. Someone should check that, 10 bucks for the headset, 20 for the game.

I doubt that it would come with the headset.

this is the headset that came with warhawk.  When warhawk launched this headset retailed for $80 (the game retailed for 69.99 with headset).  The version with the headsets was a limited run.  I doubt they could make a profit on a game selling at $30 with the inclusion of this headset.

Feedback

Jabra Bluetooth Headset (BT125)
Our price: $59.95
Online Availability: In Stock: Usually ships next business day.
Quantity Remaining: 114

Email this product to a friend
Get it for less. GuaranteedTM
Add to your wish list
Add to your price watch
Customer Rating : 4.18
Write your review
No. of Ratings: 40 Rate this product

Buy product with Product Service Plan

In-store Availability 
 Pick up your order in store!

Your over analyzing. Sony knows best.