By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Just as expected, the 360 price drop is temporarily.

thekitchensink said:
DMeisterJ said:
So who's going to give MS flak for doing this, since Sony got a lot of shit for this last year, for the "limited supply" of 60 gigs, and the intro of the 40 gig.

Come on, who's gonna be first?

The difference is, Sony replaced the 60-gig with a highly inferior model, the 40-gig.  The 60-gig 360 will have an advantage over the current Pro.

I thought the 40gb ps3 replaced the 20gb and the 80gb replaced the 60gb, Because the 20gb and 40gb both have the cheaper equipment, such as two usb ports, a different face ( not chrome), and little other things, where as the 60gb and 80gb are identicals.

Around the Network
saab said:
thekitchensink said:
DMeisterJ said:
So who's going to give MS flak for doing this, since Sony got a lot of shit for this last year, for the "limited supply" of 60 gigs, and the intro of the 40 gig.

Come on, who's gonna be first?

The difference is, Sony replaced the 60-gig with a highly inferior model, the 40-gig.  The 60-gig 360 will have an advantage over the current Pro.

I thought the 40gb ps3 replaced the 20gb and the 80gb replaced the 60gb, Because the 20gb and 40gb both have the cheaper equipment, such as two usb ports, a different face ( not chrome), and little other things, where as the 60gb and 80gb are identicals.

I agree with you Saab, but I think Sink is talking about lack of PS2 bc and that the 80gig is almost as hard to find as a Wii... Actually it's harder if you consider that you it's out of stock everywhere online.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

sorry I meant the other way around 20gb replaced by the 40gb and 60gb replaced by the 80gb. And I didn't see a pricecut around here, even after the 80gb were announced in at $ 499 which is when i bought mine the 60gb models were still at gamestop and best buy for $599

You said it right the first time.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

steven787, Yeah it's true, I think there has been a shortage of the ps3's especially since the introduction of the bundlepack, my friend couldn't find one anywhere in our satellite cities.

When I bought mine back in november, there was a guy that filled up the empty spot right behind me picking up the ps3, like they had too many in the back (ok that was a joke, but the shelf was packed).

Around the Network
steven787 said:
You said it right the first time.

Yeah I caught that after I posted, thanks for the catch though, I was reading words that weren't there, lol.

Yojimbo said:
starcraft said:
This way they'll quickly clear a few tens of thousands of stock, get a new model boost, and save the price cut for later in the year

Good strategy by Microsoft. I remember that Sony got alot of shit when they did this last year :P

It wasn't shit. It was "This is what they were doing" when Sony fanboys were screaming at the top of their lungs that wasn't what was happening and that nobody had any proof that the new model wasn't going to be 100 dollars cheaper too.

Oddly enough I'm happy for this. Now it will be easy for me to know when the new "Valhalla/Jasper" models hit the stores. Given a choice between the old models and $50, or the new, I'll take the newer ones.

However, I criticized Sony for this before, and thus will criticize MS for it now. The new models are supposedly cheaper to make, and we have all heard that MS has been profiting off the 360s for some time now. A real price cut is well overdue, and this continuous releasing of new models on the market only creates consumer uncertainty.

yeah go microsoft there moving on with 60 gig!!!

what you think they going to say?? don't buy the 20 gig now because the 60 gig is coming out with better chip and larger HDD for the same price??

You'll probably see a permanent price drop on the 60 gig model 1-2 months after they clear out the 20 gig inventory.