By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - In America, you can sue God? Of course!

source usatoday

Man sues Tenn. church over spiritual fall

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — A man says he was so consumed by the spirit of God that he fell and hit his head while worshipping.

Now he wants Lakewind Church to pay $2.5 million for medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering.

Matt Lincoln says he is suing after the church's insurance company denied his claim for medical bills.

The 57-year-old has had two surgeries since the June 2007 injury but still feels pain in his back and legs.

He says he was asking God to have "a real experience" while praying.

Lincoln says he has fallen from the force of the spirit before but has always been caught by someone.

Lawyers for the church say other congregants saw him on the floor laughing after his fall. They say he failed to look out for his own safety.

Around the Network

That's just ridiculous. Even if his reasons for trying to sue the church made any sense, WHY THE HELL DID HE NEED 2.5 MILLION DOLLARS? Either the lawyer tells people to ask for ridiculous amounts or it's just regular greediness.

Medical Bills- $169,000
Lost Income- $31,000
Pain and Suffering- $2,300,000
Expecting to get all this- Priceless

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Obligatory:

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

I would've asked for 3 million. I'd need another half a million to get over the embarassment.

Around the Network

wow.... just wow...

oh...well this person didnt technically sue God (although that has happened before...)

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

So consumed by the spirit of God that he falls and hurts himself... he should sue his parents for making him an idiot.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
I would've asked for 3 million. I'd need another half a million to get over the embarassment.

And maybe buy some nice clothes...

rofl