By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The free XBLA game.

There is more free games you can download. Yaris and Aegis Wing come to mind. Both are...ok.

Around the Network

Hexic HD seems to be the only one you get with the Core and Elite. With the arcade, you can get up to 4 games I believe?

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Yeah, Hexic came with my 360 a year ago. But that Yaris game is basically an advertisement (really bad one).

Basically, anything free on XBLA will not blow you away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

Hexic is is the only one that has ever come with the Pro and Elite 360 Pre-Installed.

However, you can always download Aegis Wings or Yaris from XBLA, both are free.

And then you have the Arcade Pack-Ins that are free as well (Uno, Boom Boom Rocket, Luxor 2, Feeding Frenzy and PacMan CE > Hexic as a packin).

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Totem Ball is free too

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

There's also timed stuff I know I have about 8 arcade games and I've never paid for a single one. However most of them are not available at all times for free and required a special promotion to get.

I got Joust, Robotron: 2084, Undertow, Caracassonne, Hexic HD, Aegis Wing and Yaris for free.

I think the only ones available freely all the time are Hexic with the right system, Aegis wing(I love this game) and Yaris.

Joust and Robotron came from signing up for the xbox newsletter at one time I believe. Not 100% sure. I got those free as well.

Undertow was given free because of the XBL downtime around X-mas last year.

I believe Carcassone was given free during a Xbox conference or something. It was only free for a day or two. I had already purchased it before it went free. It's a fun game.

Aegis wing has always been free (it was a MGS intern game) and is actually worth downloading

Yaris was an adver-game and is not worth it.

I got frogger free with a promotion too but forgot for what.

I've had my Xbox around a year and received all these free games so I guess in a way they have been somewhat frequent.

Sometimes XBL cards will give a free XBLA game too. I've seen ones at my local gamestop that bundle Joust, Pool, or Poker.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection

Texas Hold'Em, Carcassonne and Undertow have been free at one point or another to the entire market.

Texas Hold'Em: Free the first 2 days it debuted (Aug 2006)
Carcassonne: Live is 5ive (November 2007)
Undertow: XBL Downtime Apology (January 2008)

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

BottledSpringWater said:
Yeah, Hexic came with my 360 a year ago. But that Yaris game is basically an advertisement (really bad one).

Basically, anything free on XBLA will not blow you away.

Hey!  They have tons of awesome free demos on there!

And yeah, I had Hexic on my launch-day Premium.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Don't even bother downloading Yaris. You'll be sorry.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?