By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Final-Fan Returns -- Finally! -- to VGChartz (epic OP)

Big Boy statue photo!

That was interesting, I'll go there someday!

Around the Network

I always greatly enjoy those cultural trip and differences (Big boy still creeps me out by the way.) I wish there where some pictures with Dutch written on them though. I wonder how they would cock those up :D.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

I might look for a job in Japan once I get my degree, seems like a cool place and the degree I'm aiming for (Computer Engineering) seems perfect for Japan =D

Anyway that was a pretty epic post.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Awesome Big Boy and Spiderman photo. And the koi one's rad too. But you're not fooling anybody with that sleeping bag photo. Welcome back. Here is my list of comments and questions:

You can get those UFO noodle bowls in America. They're amazing. I don't know about Japanese communities in Minnesota, but I've purchased UFO bowls at a few places in Los Angeles and Pasadena.

How was the Philosopher's Road? Was it full of tourists and/or locals? I was worried there'd be a hundred philosophers on it, getting in the way of my kickass wandering/wondering. When I got to Kyoto, I grabbed a map and tourist guide at the train station, and read some stuff about it and it seemed neat, but I didn't want to bump into other tourists so I flipped to the last couple pages and found the smallest bar I could find and got lost.

In my 22 nights in Japan, I saw about 5 PSPs and about 25 DSs, including toddlers, girls, and salarymen. I think you just got lucky with those PSPs.

Why'd you have to touch everything?

Apparently my reply somehow got deleted.  Reconstruction below.

Not too many tourists.  Philosopher's Road is basically a road that runs alongside another road, leading slightly away and to a temple (past about 4 other temples).  The thing is, there's another path alongside that, running next to a stream (which doubtless does double duty as drainage canal).  It's very pretty.  It took most of the day to walk there and back, but it's worth it if you like temples and scenic routes.  Or if you like one of two and bring a bike.

@Sqrl:  I had meant to include the bird picture but I forgot.  It's in there now, with the video, reproduced here for your convenience.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

First off, absolutely amazing trip!!! I'm 170% Jealous :( No joke!!!

Second off, I think I like Buzz lightyear more :P Just preference though ;)

Welcome back Final! Fantastic read! I'm sorry your trip ended but at the same time I'm glad your back :D

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

oh i wish i was there for real man