By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What do you think of Austria?

RolStoppable said:
DMeisterJ said:
As a football team, a nation, group of people, and name, Austria Sucks major ass.

There I said it. Someone had to.

This about sums up what a lot of Austrians think of the USA. You only expressed it in a much more polite way.

@fkusumot: Wiener Schnitzel is damn good.

"Cream colored ponies and crisp apple strudels, doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles"

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
DMeisterJ said:
As a football team, a nation, group of people, and name, Austria Sucks major ass.

There I said it. Someone had to.

This about sums up what a lot of Austrians think of the USA. You only expressed it in a much more polite way.

lolz.

I'm sure it is.  Which is why I'm not proud to be an america.

I also think that Austria, and all of EU for that matter have too many cloudy, rainy, and dreary days.  At least it's sunny in the states.

I think about how Austria-Hungry got screwed during WW1... the whole thing really was Serbia's fault.

Though to be fair Austria did overreact.

When was the last time Austria won anything?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
RolStoppable said:
konnichiwa said:
Hitler, greatest soccer team of the world, Beethoven, Mozart (I know they are not Austrian but they probably would never been that great without Austria), Arnold Swarzenneger.

I have no hate/love feelins for Austria, I only have been there once had a great time only all that German gave me a headache.

Beethoven and Mozart are Austrians.

@ctk

"Anschluss" can have various meanings, in the context you learned it, it stands for Austria uniting with Germany.

Are you sure?  Ludwig van Beethoven (English IPA: /ˈlʊdvɪg væn ˈbeɪtoʊvən/; German pronunciation: [ˈluːtvɪç fan ˈbeːthoːfn], December 16, 1770[1]March 26, 1827) was a German composer and virtuoso pianist.

And you are right about Mozart, I thought Salzburg was not that time Austrian ground then.

Around the Network

Austria, FTW!

psrock said:

Good Austrian skiiers are good.

Well, when I hear Austria, I immediately think "RolStoppable".

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

RolStoppable said:
fkusumot said:
psrock said:

Indeed and our American football teams are among the best in Europe. There are two continental cups for club teams and our teams won one or both of them quite often in the past few years.

So i should expect big things from Austria in the winter Olympics?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
RolStoppable said:
fkusumot said:
psrock said:

Indeed and our American football teams are among the best in Europe. There are two continental cups for club teams and our teams won one or both of them quite often in the past few years.

So i should expect big things from Austria in the winter Olympics?

You can expect anything, whether or not they deliver (they won't) is a different story.