By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will these exclusives help sony catch up by the end of march 2009

Socom, resistance 2, final fantasy 13, little big planet, god of war, tekken 6, killzone 2, motorstorm pacific rift, get away 3

Around the Network

No more than Animal Crossing, Kid Icarus, Spyborgs, Captain Rainbow, Halo Wars, Banjo-Kazooie, and Splinter Cell will help Sony's competitors.

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

wasn't the getaway cancelled?

unfortunately, i dont think the ps3 will catch the 360 that early
id say somewhere between mid and late 09 it will catch the 360

They'll help it catch up to one of its competitors...

I always look for a woman who has a tattoo. I see a woman with a tattoo, and I’m thinking, okay, here’s a gal who’s capable of making a decision she’ll regret in the future.

Around the Network

SOCOM-no
RESISTANCE 2-Not really
FF13-DUH!!!
LBP-No, what are you kidding?
GoW-possibly.
Tekken 6-nah.
KZ2-*laughs*
Motorstorm-doubt it.
GA3-no way.

Just my opinion, feel free to disagree.

edit-thought you meant single system sellers. Just so used to hearing about it surrounding Sony. It's still a big fat no, though.

To the 360. It won't touch Wii though.

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius

no probably not

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

totalwar23 said:

SOCOM-no
RESISTANCE 2-Not really
FF13-DUH!!!
GoW-possibly.
Tekken 6-nah.
KZ2-*laughs*
Motorstorm-doubt it.
GA3-no way.

edit-thought you meant single system sellers. Just so used to hearing about it surrounding Sony. It's still a big fat no, though.

lol, saying the 360 can stand up to that is like saying mgs4 will show up on 360, btw another sony exclusive lol

yeah ps3 is making one hell of a storm this year <3

davidc538 said:
totalwar23 said:

SOCOM-no
RESISTANCE 2-Not really
FF13-DUH!!!
GoW-possibly.
Tekken 6-nah.
KZ2-*laughs*
Motorstorm-doubt it.
GA3-no way.

lol, saying the 360 can stand up to that is like saying mgs4 will show up on 360, btw another sony exclusive lol

yeah ps3 is making one hell of a storm this year <3

So are you going to give him specific reasons or are you going to laugh in his face with arrogance?

Anyway OT: I think these games are only going to help them but its not like they can really hurt them in any way. FF13 will be the biggest hardware mover out of them. That much is obvious, but the others...eh prolly not so much. MS has a strong line up as well coming up so im not sure how many of these titles are really going to sway ppl. Hard to tell really. Obviously this is all speculative as we have to wait to play them but I highly doubt any of Sony's titles are going to bomb in terms of reviews. (Cept mebbe for KZ2 im still on the fence but im hoping for a great game!)

Consoles Owned: Sega Genesis, NES, PS2 (RIP) N64, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii

"In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is rule."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche