By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why I want KH3 to be PS3 exclusive!

Imo, the game will end up on the Wii, though I suppose the ps3 isn't completely out of the realm of possibility.

I've never played Kingdom Hearts. Is it really that good?

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
Imo, the game will end up on the Wii, though I suppose the ps3 isn't completely out of the realm of possibility.

It is one of my favorite ARPGS. and competes with some of my favoriteTBRPGs in quality imo. Very good game, and I would give it high 80s to low 90s if I was reviewing it.

tehsage said:
Isn't a lot of the PS2 userbase buying Wii's this Gen? And...didn't Kingdom Hearts come out on the PS2? See where I'm going with this?

We don't know that.  That's the thing.  With Nintendo's blue ocean strategy, we don't really know if it's primarily the ps2 userbase buying Wiis or if it's traditionaly non-gamers that are buying Wiis (and it's probably a bit of both).

From my personal experience, most of the ps2 owners I know either went with a ps3 or a 360, with a few getting one of the above with a Wii.

Most Wii owners I know are either avid Nintenod fans (like myself and my brother-in-law), hardcore gamers with lot's of cash (like my brother-in-law's dad, who owns all consoles and handhelds), or else are brand new to gaming, like my friend's uncle who got one for Wii Sports and Wii Fit.  Hell, even my sister wants one now, and she hasn't played games since the NES era (though the VC is playing it's part in that).

You have to figure, a lot of the ps2's userbase were teenage guys who just liked to play some GTA or whatever after football practice, and these people generally look down on the Wii for some stupid reason or another.  The "casuals" (if you want to call them that) of today =/= the casuals of last gen, and there are plenty of last gen casuals getting ps3s and 360s.

sc94597 said:
makingmusic476 said:

It is one of my favorite ARPGS. and competes with some of my favoriteTBRPGs in quality imo. Very good game, and I would give it high 80s to low 90s if I was reviewing it.

Hm.  Sounds good.

It's only $40 for both games.  I'll probably pick them up one day.

KH1 is still $40?

It's been out for 6 years!

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

So greedy aren't we. I personally don't care what platforms it goes to, as long as it's on the Wii haha.

dtewi said:
KH1 is still $40?

It's been out for 6 years!

He said both games.

makingmusic476 said:
tehsage said:
Isn't a lot of the PS2 userbase buying Wii's this Gen? And...didn't Kingdom Hearts come out on the PS2? See where I'm going with this?

We don't know that. That's the thing. With Nintendo's blue ocean strategy, we don't really know if it's primarily the ps2 userbase buying Wiis or if it's traditionaly non-gamers that are buying Wiis (and it's probably a bit of both).

From my personal experience, most of the ps2 owners I know either went with a ps3 or a 360, with a few getting one of the above with a Wii.

Most Wii owners I know are either avid Nintenod fans (like myself and my brother-in-law), hardcore gamers with lot's of cash (like my brother-in-law's dad, who owns all consoles and handhelds), or else are brand new to gaming, like my friend's uncle who got one for Wii Sports and Wii Fit. Hell, even my sister wants one now, and she hasn't played games since the NES era (though the VC is playing it's part in that).

You have to figure, a lot of the ps2's userbase were teenage guys who just liked to play some GTA or whatever after football practice, and these people generally look down on the Wii for some stupid reason or another. The "casuals" (if you want to call them that) of today =/= the casuals of last gen, and there are plenty of last gen casuals getting ps3s and 360s.

Well it's really not a tough question.  A lot of the PS2 userbase is what I call the mainstream userbase.  Teh gamer's that bought the console as a mainstream console and then buy the mainstream games on it, such as GTA and whatnot.  Meaning that although they gained knowledge of the playstation brand which might lead them to buy the PS3, price at an early stage probably shut them off from doing it.  Thus being the mainstream buyers, they bought the mainstream consoles of the time.  Some jumped on 360 when it had that year headstart and the most mainstream appeal, and now lately it's the Wii because of it's mainstream appeal.

It's important to note that mainstream buyers are very predictable as they don't buy based on features, appeal, games, ect.  They buy based on brand, and brand alone.  You notice this a lot in the earlier days of gaming when people would say they bought a Nintendo rather than an NES or SNES, ect.  That is what we need to understand when predicting where they have gone, as these buyers simply go off popular brand.  Yall call them casual gamers, I call them mainstream gamers, because too often casual gamers get mixed up with what games they buy instead of what they really are. 

So more than likely the mainstream gamers are getting the Wii, however due to brand appeal from the last generation its favorable to say that some are getting PS3's as well.  However what this has to do with KH3, a very core game is beyond me haha.

I rather have Suikoden VI on the PS3.

''Hadouken!''

I don't care about graphics or Japan or whatever. I want Suikoden VI on the PS3. That's it.

''Hadouken!''