By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - After a few days with my shiny new PS3...

Nice read, hopefully I'll get mine soon.

Around the Network

Your PS3??? I thought you bought it for your wife.....

Get Super Stardust HD and Warhawk :3 We'll lub j00 forever ^_^ (Just kidding man, you know we already do :D )

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

jkl2207 said:
Your PS3??? I thought you bought it for your wife.....

Yes, LOL.  That's what I did.  PS3+Singstar.  I'll have to try to refrain from using "My", lol.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

kn said:
@Makingmusic: As far as installs, I downloaded about a dozen demos and have 5 full games that I took out to play all at once. Pretty much everything required an install and some a significant download of an additional update (sizeable ones at that). I spent a LOT of time in total waiting but now that the initial rush is over it won't be as bad because I won't be getting my hands on 5-10 games a week, lol. Also, I don't get the license agreement on every game I play. That's new and came out of nowhere. I don't like the ones that forced me to scroll through before clicking accept. It's not really a dealbreaker, but it is a nuisance as I've never had to do that before on any other console. I think I have ADD, lol.

From my understanding they leave the install process for the user to do incase they want to load it onto a flash drive and transfer the game to another Ps3 that does not have internet connection.

But I don't think many people do that.

And the user agreement has nothing to do with the Ps3 but companies protecting their asses from law suits... can't blame them for the sue happy age we live in now.

now where is your singstar review?

Around the Network

Great review and a great read! I totally agree with you on alot of points. I hope some of the more biased (on both sides) gamers take the time to read your post. Enjoy your games bro.

Tifa got MOVES!

I only thought that you needed to agree to a license if you play online. I never agreed to any license for MGS, for example, until I took it online.

excellent read

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Well done. Good read.

As opposed to the comments who are like (I parphrase): "Way to be bias -free! Everyone should be. But here's an excuse as to why the negatives for PS3 aren't really negatives...."

Boring.

I have both as well and agree they are both good machines.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

Thanks for the Kudos... I'll post up a quick singstar review for pooper. As far as the license agreement, I'm not really against it, but it surprised me none-the-less as I've never seen it on any other console before this.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.