By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Warhawk right for me?

I got my hands on a shiny new PS3, when MGS4 launched. Since then, it's been a wonderful relationship. I own MGS4, Motorstorm (given to me by a friend. I haven't even put it in my PS3 yet), Uncharted, and Heavenly Sword. As of today, I haven't even played my PS3 online. Lately, I've been looking at Warhawk. It's online only, but I still want to give it a try. The game's been out for a while now, though. Is there still a big online community for this game? Is it noob friendly, or will I be totally overwhelmed? PS3 owners, sell me on this game.

Around the Network

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=31317

I have never really been into shooters or online play at all, but I absolutely adored this game. I was so addicted to it, it probably has the most playtime out of all the PS3 games I own.

It's fine if you're a noob since there are ranked matches which allow you to suck and get away with it.

The online community for Warhawk is still huge as far as I can tell, theres even a league for it on this site if I remember correctly.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

the bad thing with warhawk is the learning curve,,,,,from the start you are put up against some of the best and believe me they know how to pawn.after 4 hours or so it become addicting some how.but the first 4 hours are hell.

if you are up to the challenge then go for it

Thanks, skip! I shall read that thread, and be informed. The OP in that thread describes my situation, exactly!

Around the Network

Get the game and join us in the league. Also stick to newbie servers at first for ranked matches. It can be hell out there if you end up in the wrong server when starting.

Also host your own game, limit the players and get used to the vehicle's.

The warhawk community is still huge and will expand again when it is patched for trophies. Also the next free update is rumoured to have new game modes included. If you buy the game and have any questions post them in the warhawk league thread. The good folks there are always willing to help.

It'll take you about a week to become a 'good noob', in that time you will get owned, lost on maps, and probably think there is no way you will ever be able to fly a warhawk for more than 3 seconds without getting blasted.

Then it will all make sense and the beginner severs will be the most fun you have had playing a game, ever....play with the vg league on saturdays too.

PSN: TheGodofWine (Warhawk / R2 / MotorStorm PR)

AND

PSN: Skigazzi (for KZ2 and future games)

Stay away from the warhawks until you get a feel for the game. You will not last in the air very long. This game is a lot of fun and very addicting. I am afraid to put it into my playstation 3. It has already stolen too many hours from me.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Once you become good at this game,there's no turning back. It's a really fun game.