By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 300k pre-orders for HotShot Golf 5

johnsobas said:
guys it is not preorders for customers, it is preorders for retailers.

... do you even know how preorders work? im thinking you dont...

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

do you know how preorders work in Japan? I'm thinking you don't...look at the other thread

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

by other thread i mean this one...
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=3031

btw this is the 3rd thread started about this topic.

My lord, how many of you are like new to gaming this gen. I swear the number of people going around talking about Minna has 300k customer preorders and DQ:S has 250k customer preorders make me want to puke.

Guys these are retailer orders. Meaning there will be that many games shipped for opening day.....Okay? Christ there are only 950k PS3's in Japan homes right now, and you think 300k have already preordered the game? Use your head, if that were the case, then by the time the game launched it would have about 450k preorders alone. Add that with walkins and your predicting 550k to 650k sales first day on an installbase of 990k. And first week would be something like 750k.

Now Im sure that would be nice....but you really need to be more realistic with your attach rate assumptions here. Thats so far fetched that you shouldnt need us to clarify it for you. 

There will be a bundle

Around the Network
Xyrax said:

My lord, how many of you are like new to gaming this gen. I swear the number of people going around talking about Minna has 300k customer preorders and DQ:S has 250k customer preorders make me want to puke.

Customer or not it's already a success. Devs don't care what retailers are going to do with this game if it won't sell. Another order would be fine though... hmm... it will be fine.

kber81 said:

Customer or not it's already a success. Devs don't care what retailers are going to do with this game if it won't sell. Another order would be fine though... hmm... it will be fine.

You do know that retailers usually have the right to RETURN copies of a game, if it bombs and people just don't pick it up?

Shouldn't be a problem with this - 300k for the Sony's 2nd most popular franchise in Japan is nothing. But I just thought you would like to know...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

shams said:
kber81 said:

You do know that retailers usually have the right to RETURN copies of a game, if it bombs and people just don't pick it up?

Actually... I don't. All these extra-super-duper promotions tells something different. Are you sure it's a common practice?

With today's rumor regards Folksoul (extremely low shipment because of really cautious retailers orders) I think it's pretty sure there is no possibility to return unsold copies to developer. At least in Japan...

yeah, and it is just week 1 anyway. If they don't buy enough copies, they can just buy them the next week.
While folksoul may have been supply constrained in a sense, it is only because shops probably had only 1 or 2 copies. Considering only 1/3 of them sold on day 1, I don't consider that to be a significant supply constraint.