By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Anybody into Formula 1??

HALOOOOOOOO said:

Most people I know have never heard of F1, but I certainly have. Ever since 1995 I've been watching it (since I was 5), and completely supported Michael Schumacher. Greatest f***ing F1 driver ever. I was pissed when he had that engine failure last year in Japan, I knew it was all over for him from there. But still, 91 wins, 7 championships, 68 poles... that won't be beaten for quite a while.

This year I want Scott Speed to win because he's United Statesian just like me, but he doesn't seem to be doing very good. Other than that I like Raikkonen (don't know how to spell it), Massa, Hamilton, Heidfeld, Kubica, and Button too. I think Hamilton will win to, the first rookie since Nino Farina, and about 25 years younger too.

I was very happy when Montoya left, he was my least favorite driver ever. He does seem to be better now that he's in NASCAR though. My dad really hated Senna Damon Hill, and also Montoya. Of course he hates Alonso as do I. I'm blabbering too. The race last weekend on Fox was great, I got to see it in HD.

I was joking about the designation, "United Statesian" too.

And just for laughs, I'll give you a funny pic of Mr. Square Jaw, David Coulthard. Enjoy.

What on earth did your dad have against Ayrton Senna? I know I wasn't alive at the time, but I am aware that had he not died, he could easily have done as well as Michael Schumacher. But yeah, I was devastated when Michael crashed out last season, because it was looking like a really close championship up until that point.

And err, Coultard looks nothing like that, and as he was the only man other than Michael Schumacher to win a race one season (Monaco), he deserves a bit of credit. 

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk

Around the Network

Ayrton Senna was the best of all! I feel unlimited respect for Schumacher but Ayrton Senna would be doing much better if he had not lost his life in that unfortunate accident. I guess it was God's punishment for leaving the holly mighty McLaren and choosing the kinky minky stingy Williams. (Ok, I love Williams, not I hated when Senna left to them!)

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

zsidane said:
Used to, but I've been off for the past 2 years, and I'm not able to give you a single name of the new drivers, not even who is now with Ferrari.
I also used to play all F1 racing games, but thanks to Sony exclusive deal...
Thanks Sony for screwing up EA's good work!

Do you have a reasonably-spec'd PC? If so, give RFactor a try. While it doesn't contain the F1 series, it enjoys support from the mod community and there are F1 season packages you can download for the game (as well as the Megane Trophy, WTCC, Australian V8, Lupo Cup, even fictitious ones like the lawnmower series).

I get 30fps at medium-high detail settings with a very old 1.8 Athlon with 512MB of RAM and a Radeon 9550 - not too shabby, and the network code is up to scratch. Graphics are nothing to complain about either.

And also: EA's F1 Challenge 99-02 was fun, but the online code reeked of something fierce! 

freedquaker said:
I noticed the above paragraph of mine was a medley of Formula 1 and Moto GP, so anti-American mix, I wasnt even high, very kinky and interesting. How is Montoya doing in Nascar Series btw? Anyone follows?

Montoya just won his first NASCAR race last week.