By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I dont think We'll see an Xbox 720 in 2010

fkusumot said:
Million said:
Developers wouldn't like it
Consumers wouldn't trust it
Competitors would probably lauph at it

Two of those don't seem to count anymore.

The third doesn't really matter , the first two would kill any chances of a succesfull XBOX.

Around the Network

Given the state of the global economy (or where it might be headed), I think the console cycle is more likely to be longer rather than shorter this time around.

So I am thinking 2011.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

neXtBox shown @ E3 2010. Launches 2011. PS4 and N6 shown in some form in later presentations in 2010. PS4 launch close to neXtBox in 2011. N6 will be 2012.

Leetgeek said:

Nor any new console for that matter. I feel like this gen has just started to really take off and these consoles will have longer lifespans then the last. Reason being because in an effoert to outdo each other  M$ and $ony  made consoles that were really ahead of their time.  The games of 2008 are mindblowing but from what I understand nothing is even close to what these  consoles can really push.  I think theres a LOT more juice to squeese out of these machines much more then there has been in the past.  Perhaps less so with the Wii but the way it's selling  I don't see  the big N  making a new console either. 

My prediction for next gen:

I agree: both PS3 and XB360 had abysmal starts, so they'll need long lifecycles and a big part of it they'll have to be the top console of their manufacturers. While Sony always reasserts its policy was and still is in favour of long lifes, this time MS too will have to really follow suit, but if MS will try again to anticipate, Sony and Nintendo, now that they know that this tactic didn't benefit so much their rival, will give it enough rope to hang itself.

As for Nintendo, they'll make Wii live as long as there is demand, maybe they'll do a Wii2 more powerful and HD if a consistent part of their user base, existent and potential, will require it.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!