By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - ROCK BAND IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah that would be nice

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
I wish they would make a game that supported real instruments. Now that would be a blast.

Yeah but then they would sell even less copies... YOU might know people with instruments (i'm assuming you play one yourself) but out of all my friends I think only 1 has a acoustic guitar.... and the same guy plays drums too, lol.

I'm gonna guess $149, includes instruments and games.

Possibly sell instruments seperately: Drummer buys drums, guitarist buys guitar, etc.

You can easily make a real guitar into a GH guitar. Just take a crappy guitar (maybe a $30 acousic), and gut the GH controller and mod it into the accoustic.

IMO, with multiple instruments, there is NO way they'll sell them all together. Not everyone (but many) will want to pay $150 for just bass, or just guitar.

IMO, they'll probably publish the game for full price ($50-$60), then sell the bass, guitar and drums extra @ $40 a pop. That way if someone wants the full treatment, they shell out $170+

Its like a more meaningful version of Pokemon Diamond or Silver, or the 500 versions of Nintendogs.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

fooflexible said:
My biggest problem with this game is I already bought the Guitar Hero 2 360 guitar and I'm not going to nuts buying another one and drums and the likes, especially when another Guitar Hero title is coming out in the fall, I just don't see there being room for two guitar games that require hadware like this. I'm sure it will do fine I guess I just can't justify buying both.

They said the original guitar hero controllers will be compatible with Rock Band.  I guess the 10 frets won't be needed on eveyr song or more likely every difficulty.

A lot of people have 2 guitars already for guitar hero 2, so adding in the other instruments wouldn't be a big deal. 

footbag said:
Excuse me fellas... "I'm with the band!!!"

I'm pretty psyched about this game. I am going to say the game will sell for $189.99. If each instrument adds $30 to the game price thats about where we will see it fall. If they can get this off for less the $149 they will sell a ton. If it is more then $200 it will hurt sales. Either way I will buy it, I love the whole GH franchise and especially like the band idea. Usually its four of us taking turns.

Are these estimated prices with all 4  instruments included? That is a good deal, b/c a guitar alone cost $60, bass would be the same, drums... maybe $40 and at least $20(low) for a half ass mic(which is really the only fuctional item in the group), not to mention the s/w. A guy I work with and also my girlfriend are guitar hero nuts, and both REALLY want this game too, which is cool, I can get her to pay for rock band ;)

Around the Network

If they are going to sell the game and multiple add on instruments it will cost a lot...

Also, as far as I'm concerned Guitar Hero is the king of this genre and Rock Band needs to prove that it can control well and have good song selection and decent price. I'm sticking with Guitar Hero III so far.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

I trust Harmonix and i know they will deliver. Im buying both Guitar Heros 3 and ROCK BAND

ckmlb said:
If they are going to sell the game and multiple add on instruments it will cost a lot...

Also, as far as I'm concerned Guitar Hero is the king of this genre and Rock Band needs to prove that it can control well and have good song selection and decent price. I'm sticking with Guitar Hero III so far.

I guess you missed the memo that said GH3 was being developed by activision, who's never made a guitar game in their life, and rock band is being made by Harmonix, which made GH1 and 2.

GH3 is the one that needs to prove itself.  And if even HALF of the features published about Rock Band are in it, GH3 doesn't have a prayer in the marketplace.  All it has going for it is name recognition.

Witty signature here...

Wii: 14 million by January  I sold myself short

360: 13 million by January I sold microsoft short, but not as bad as Nintendo.

PS3: 6 million by January. If it approaches 8 mil i'll eat crow  Mnn Crow is yummy.

With these results, I've determined that I suck at long term predictions, and will not long term predict anything ever again. Thus spaketh Crono.

Crono said:
ckmlb said:

I guess you missed the memo that said GH3 was being developed by activision, who's never made a guitar game in their life, and rock band is being made by Harmonix, which made GH1 and 2.

GH3 is the one that needs to prove itself. And if even HALF of the features published about Rock Band are in it, GH3 doesn't have a prayer in the marketplace. All it has going for it is name recognition.

Not only that, but the video for GH3 was pretty bad looking with one player being able to mess up the other.  I suppose it adds more of a puzzle game feel to a competitive game, but it's not really a rock band kind of thing.

Meanwhile, the features for rock band so far are sounding pretty awesome.  Since MTV is on board with Harmonix's Rock Band, they are getting a lot more of the actual songs instead of covers by some unknown guy.  That's very exciting because some voices can not be redone.  Nirvana's songs need Kurt Cobaine, etc.

vizunary said:
footbag said:
Excuse me fellas... "I'm with the band!!!"

I'm pretty psyched about this game. I am going to say the game will sell for $189.99. If each instrument adds $30 to the game price thats about where we will see it fall. If they can get this off for less the $149 they will sell a ton. If it is more then $200 it will hurt sales. Either way I will buy it, I love the whole GH franchise and especially like the band idea. Usually its four of us taking turns.

Are these estimated prices with all 4 instruments included? That is a good deal, b/c a guitar alone cost $60, bass would be the same, drums... maybe $40 and at least $20(low) for a half ass mic(which is really the only fuctional item in the group), not to mention the s/w. A guy I work with and also my girlfriend are guitar hero nuts, and both REALLY want this game too, which is cool, I can get her to pay for rock band ;)

My estimate is based on all four insruments.  Yes guitars alone are $60, but with GHII the guitar was only $30 added onto the normal game price.  They are planning on improving the quality and numbers of features on the guitar, so that would add cost...   But given the success of the entire GH franchise, I'm sure they have enough confidence to manufacture on a scale large enough to produce very cheaply.  I wouldn't be surprised if they were actually manufacturing the guitars for under $10.   Add a bit more because they are wireless.  The microphone also could be made very cheap.  The drums...  They could be awesome!!!  Word is the drums are only four buttons/pads so they would be cheaper to produce then the guitar.  I'm curious as to the graphics they will be putting on the instruments.  Either way, I'm always surprised at how cheap you can manufacture in asia.  

I think that I will buy the game no matter what the cost within reason, but I really see that $189.99 as a sweet spot.  149.99 would be awesome and I wouldn't rule that out, but it would be impressive to pull that off.   I don't think that they will want to sell the instuments seperately.  At least I don't think that game stores will want to cary all of those SKU's for one single game.  You can actually buy GHII for the 360 without a guitar, but I've yet to see on in stores.  I've also yet to see a guitar in stores, and until I heard about rock band, I wanted one.  Now I'll wait.