By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uh-oh. I joined the dark side.

kn said:
madskillz said:
BTW, Einstein bites. Gimme the avatar with the backcourt like the '60s Celtics, son.

Lol, I KNEW that was coming. I just thought it was time for a change. It in no way indicates my loss of interest in backcourt or camel.

BTW, Do I need to know anything about the MGS series before jumping into MGS4?  I haven't played the series before and I don't want to constantly be saying WTF?

Yeah, I've never played a MGS game besides the first one and even I can tell you it's a necessity.

Around the Network

And I would recommed to you as well Heavenly Sword ,Uncharted and Ratchet and Clank.

The later is as a Pixar film ,with good sense of humour and cartoony characters.Its a very well done game ,long and satisfying.

Uncharted is one of the best PS3 games.Period.I would say it is the game with the best graphics around....well the second best once that MGS4 is out.

And Heavenly Sword is a good fighting game.A bit on the short side but has great characterization ,awesome graphics and music and its not too violent for your daughter or wife.

You can download the MGS database from the Store to know better about the story ,characters and past games.I missed MGS2 and the old ones on the MSX/MSX2 and the database has been a great help to better aprecciate the plot.And its free ,so you arent losing anything.

DarkLord2008 said:
No need for your X360 anymore you now have a PS3. Sell your X360 and games on Craig's List or EBay. Use that money to get more games or an extra DS3 controller for your PS3.

Um, no. I have a bunch of games on my 360 that I love. There are many exclusives on the 360 I'm looking forward to and selling my 360 would be stupid. The whole point of having all three is that I can play each system's exclusives (that interest me) and I also can get the multiplat on the one that has the best overall features I'm interested in.

In addition, I'm a cheap ass. I wouldn't have spent the dough on the PS3 except for the fact that my wife really wants to play singstar and I'm tired of hearing about it. The games library hasn't yet reached the point on the PS3 that there are lots of budget titles. It's getting there but not there yet. There are still dozens of 360 games I want to play that I haven't gotten to just yet and all they do is continue to drop in price. Several are in the $10-15 range and when Gamestop does B2G1 promos, I'll pick them up and play them.

It's like this. I'm a gamer. I buy consoles to play games on them. If the console has what I want to play, I buy it. If not, I don't. All three have stuff I'm interested in and it was inevitable that I'd have all three next-gens. Simple as that. I will admit, though, that the blu-ray now has some appeal since HDDVD bit the dust. That did factor into my decision.

If you want to be so blind as to completely ignore the large library of excellent games on the 360 then feel free to deprive yourself.  I'm not that narrow-minded.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Diomedes1976 said:
You can download the MGS database from the Store to know better about the story ,characters and past games.I missed MGS2 and the old ones on the MSX/MSX2 and the database has been a great help to better aprecciate the plot.And its free ,so you arent losing anything.

Cool, I'll definitely check that out.

One big problem for me now:

I bought it last night.  It is now giftwrapped and driving me nuts.  I want to open it, touch it, play with it, uh....  yeah.  But my wife's birthday is on the 11th so it sits until then.  This is going to be the longest week of my life.  I dont' think I'll be able to last and I may ask her to open it this weekend since it is a holiday and we have 3 days to play....

I hate trolls.

Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network
kn said:
DarkLord2008 said:
No need for your X360 anymore you now have a PS3. Sell your X360 and games on Craig's List or EBay. Use that money to get more games or an extra DS3 controller for your PS3.

Um, no. I have a bunch of games on my 360 that I love. There are many exclusives on the 360 I'm looking forward to and selling my 360 would be stupid. The whole point of having all three is that I can play each system's exclusives (that interest me) and I also can get the multiplat on the one that has the best overall features I'm interested in.

In addition, I'm a cheap ass. I wouldn't have spent the dough on the PS3 except for the fact that my wife really wants to play singstar and I'm tired of hearing about it. The games library hasn't yet reached the point on the PS3 that there are lots of budget titles. It's getting there but not there yet. There are still dozens of 360 games I want to play that I haven't gotten to just yet and all they do is continue to drop in price. Several are in the $10-15 range and when Gamestop does B2G1 promos, I'll pick them up and play them.

It's like this. I'm a gamer. I buy consoles to play games on them. If the console has what I want to play, I buy it. If not, I don't. All three have stuff I'm interested in and it was inevitable that I'd have all three next-gens. Simple as that. I will admit, though, that the blu-ray now has some appeal since HDDVD bit the dust. That did factor into my decision.

THe bluray is sweet man and you can rent then on Netflix for no extra charge. Movies I would recomend on BLuray? Anyone where you have the option! Oh and as for weather or not you can enjoy MGS4 without playing the others in the series I'm enjoying it quite a bit and I've only played MGS1. As for part 2 and 3 go pick em up and enjoy them on your 80 gig you lucky bastard.

80 gig... BC... no way was I going into a PS3 without BC. I sold my PS2 because I was going to get a PS3 with BC and then they dropped it out of the lesser expensive console. Dropping it entirely would be a huge mistake in my opinion hence the 80 gig parked in wrapping paper in my living room.

I hate trolls.

I would fully recommend buzz as another purchase for your family. Its a great title that the whole family can get into.

Lair is fun, it is frustrating at times as well but is nonetheless fun. Singstar even if you are tone deaf I guarantee you will be suckered into this its bucket loads of fun with friends and family. Especially when you start playing psyche out singstar.

Other games I would recommend checking out if you want button mashers would be Untold Legends Dark kingdom or whatever its called. Its a coop rpg not unlike marvel ultimate alliance, Folklore whilst strictly speaking its not a button masher it is a pretty fun game. These games are pretty old so they should be in the bargain bins if they are still around.

If you like local coop games then I would recommend ROFM. The thing I like most about ROFM which sets it apart from Halo 3 and COD4 is the selection of weapons and the secondary fire options that you get from them, that and the grenades. Sure the graphics will seem dated but it is still a very decent shooter.

Ratchet and Clank great game, great fun fully recommended. And if you want to download some PSN games go for Pixel Junk Monsters, its a simple but fun and addictive game that is coop as well. Dark Mist is another game which is simple and fun as well. Those title are very kid friendly as well.

Games to avoid so far.... Fantastic Four, I got given that for free and I feel so dirty having it in my collection.

Just ordered Heavenly Sword... it's on the way...

I hate trolls.

I'd say get Ratchet & Clank.