By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uh-oh. I joined the dark side.

I guess MGS4 80 Gig bundles aren't as rare as it seems. I shopped all day online looking for one and gave up. I walked into Wally World for some milk and a couple of other items and there were two staring back at me. I bought one. And Singstar. I really wanted to wait for another $100 price drop but I don't think I'll see that until next year especially since it seems MS is only going to cut by $50. At least I got a stellar game and a dual shock 3. I would have preferred to have gotten it online and saved the 50 bucks in Taxes but I couldn't find one online and its a birthday gift and I was afraid if I waited I'd be screwed.

On to the games... First up for me:

Lair. I know it was an epic fail but I really wanted to love this game. Didn't they patch it to use analog controls? Is it better with the patch? I loved the first panzer dragoon on the Saturn and, well, dragons+killing shit = mega stupendous win.

Heavenly sword. My wife likes button mashing mayhem. This is the ticket.

Is resistance really worth it? I've played COD4, Halo 1-3, Gears, and several others. Unless there is something unique there, I'll probably pass since I'm kind of burned out on shooters right now.

I'm also kind of burned out on racers. I've done PGR4, Forza 2, Dirt, Need For Speed, Burnout, etc. Enough of that for now.

I'm looking forward (greatly) to LBP and a few others...

I'll come back and post my impressions after I've installed it and played a few games.

Note: I have a Wii and 360 as well so this rounds it out. I've owned pretty much every console prior all the way back to the original NES and it was eating at me that I didn't have the full next-gen experience.

Also, please, NO TROLLING IN MY THREAD.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network

Well, if you played CoD4, Resistance will feel like a last-gen game, sadly.

I don't see Uncharted on your list, that's apparently a must-buy

Congratulations. I don't think you should buy Resistance. I haven't played it of course, but if you have other shooters that satisfy the need then I think you'll be fine. Ohh, and did you buy Singstar for you or your wife? There's no need to be ashamed now...

Uncharted seems like a really enjoyable game so I'm looking forward to playing that as well. And if someone complains that it's too short, well, some of the best games of this generation have been short (Gears of War, Assassin's Creed, Portal) so I'm not complaining.

Lol, yes, I bought Singstar for the wife. I'm pretty much tone deaf and won't embarrass myself even trying.

Uncharted and Ratchet are on my list to check out as well.

I should have mentioned that I have a high-end sharp aquos so I can see blu-ray in all its glory.  I also have a DLP projector and a 100" screen.  Sadly, it only does 720P, but it'll still be great to rent some blu-rays and watch 'em on the DLP.

I hate trolls.

Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Also, I need first hand information on Uncharted and Heavenly Sword: Is there anything in these two games of a sexual nature, foul language, or significant blood? I'll have a 10 year old girl around and she really likes to play as well and would like for her to be able to play them as well.

I hate trolls.

Around the Network

Congratz on your purchase, I watched the (hilarious) Ign singstar review when it was released and I must admit that game has some awsome community features. Its not my type of game though.

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937

You and me... I pretty much did the same thing (minus the singstar...)

Get COD4, it is pretty awsome.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Resistance falls into the Floaty, early PC style of FPS'es (Similar to Unreal Tournament) with more HP than damage. The fact it contains only a modified version of "My hero can take a million bullets spread out over 3 million seconds" instantly makes me rate it much higher than other current FPS though. I enjoy that more than playing as Wolverine.

Also, about Lair: It's at it's base, a fun game. It's a fun game with hundreds and hundreds of flaws. If you don't mind flaws, you'll rather enjoy it actually. But do not think I'm joking when I say hundreds of flaws.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Uncharted! You must get Uncharted! Must. Get. Uncharted!

And yes, Lair has been updated with analog controls. I haven't tried the game either way, though.

Also, Heavenly Sword is good fun, despite its length. You'll probably enjoy it yourself, after you get over the fact that you spent $60 on 6 hours of entertainment.

kn said:
Also, I need first hand information on Uncharted and Heavenly Sword: Is there anything in these two games of a sexual nature, foul language, or significant blood? I'll have a 10 year old girl around and she really likes to play as well and would like for her to be able to play them as well.

Really, you have nothing to worry about. If anything, those games will give your daughter 3 strong female role models.