By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What are your most played genres this generation?

Why? Is it changed from previous generations?

Most played in order:

FPS

Rhythm

RPG

Race

Action

When thinking about it it surprised me I almost didn't play any fighting games any more, although it somewhat changed after SSBB, it still holds true that I play it a lot less then I used to. Previous generations I played a lot of Tekken, Soul Caliber, Virtua Fighter and Dead or Alive ( I also played a lot of SS), but now I just can't really seem to enjoy them any more and they really can't excite me. Maybe I will play a lot of Soul Caliber though, but if I'm not mistaking it doesn't have multiplayer so maybe not.

Rhythm is a new genre I almost didn't play before (Samba di Amigo was the only one). I only just discouvered this genre with Elite Beat Agents being the first, then followed by Frets on Fire, Guitar Hero and Rockband. Although I don't think these games are the best games out there, I still enjoy the epic RPG and Shooters more, It can keep me busy for hours.

The rest is like it used to be, I still play a lot of shooters, mainly online titles like COD, Battlefield, CS (although my steam seems to be hacked, still have to mail Valve). Action a little bit less then last generation because there just don't seem to be that many this generation. Still play a lot of RPG's and I play several Racing games.

Around the Network

FPS..... Multiplayer....... connect the dots.
Strategy
Adventure
Then... RPG

I would play more rpg's, but I only like WRPG's mostly, and I hate Oblivion.
So I usually end up play Halo 3's multiplayer, or something else like Europa Universalis or roller coaster tycoon. Sometimes i'll even play some adventure games, like pheonix wright, or something.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

In Order:

FPS,

Race,

Adventure,

Strategy,

Platformer,

RPG.

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"

Adventure/action
Puzzle
FPS
Fighter
RPG (my favorite genre)

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

FPS

Around the Network

Actions / Adventure pretty much

and some RPG's