By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The great graphics of Oblivion

vanguardian1 said: That's okay, I'll take my PC version anyday over a console-ized variation. ;)
Yeah I already purchased it on the PC. I am not buying it again.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

Around the Network

Not to mention the many mods out that not only improve gameplay, but the graphics of Oblivion as well. We're talking image quality that blows the PS3 and 360 versions out of the water. :)

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Wow. I'm amazed I cant identify where the PC picture was taken from. However. The Terrain bump-maps... I dont rember. Is that a mod? Also... the stone pillars look like pastic. The Treeline looks kidna bland. Other than the far view height map looking bump-mapping... really plasticy as well... I'd say it looks really good. (I last played Oblivion about 2 weeks ago just to see what it looks like on my 1080p TV... I still cant recall the bumpmapped terrain looking like that) I'm not saying the PS3 version looks better than the 'real' PC version. But That's not the 'real' PC version... so how can you compare it.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

You can't download most addon stuff on Oblivion the same way you can on the 360. Means fewer quests, fewer horse armor, etc. I suppose thats a good thing since I am not a fan of microtransaction milking. PS3 fanboys, feel free to use that defense. http://www.joystiq.com/2007/02/10/oblivion-downgraded-for-ps3-not-happening-on-wii The textures are awesome on oblivion, I just expected smoother movements. Oblivion on the 360 was creepy in that it looks "real" but something in my mind tells me it isnt. It's like I was transported in a world where the soul of everything was sucked out.

ranzchic said: You can't download most addon stuff on Oblivion the same way you can on the 360. Means fewer quests, fewer horse armor, etc. I suppose thats a good thing since I am not a fan of microtransaction milking. PS3 fanboys, feel free to use that defense. http://www.joystiq.com/2007/02/10/oblivion-downgraded-for-ps3-not-happening-on-wii The textures are awesome on oblivion, I just expected smoother movements. Oblivion on the 360 was creepy in that it looks "real" but something in my mind tells me it isnt. It's like I was transported in a world where the soul of everything was sucked out.
Joystiq is funny they link to an IGN interview but did not read the interview through out and cherry picked things.