By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 2 New Star Ocean 4 Screens + Artwork

Soriku said:
Pristine20 said:
Soriku said:
Star Ocean > FF

True story. I don't have a 360... :(

The BS on this site i apalling! Since when did Star Ocean> FF? You guys like talking sales right? The sales, reason, fans and even the publishing company would suggest otherwise except I died and got born again to a different world!

I guess SO4 is so great now since its on the x360 lol!

You  guys could have easily praised the quality of the game without taking cheap shots at FF! Its the same publisher for crying out loud.

Its okay to be a fanboy but thes outlandish comments are getting out of hand.

On point though, it seems like nothing much has changed except the graphical upgrade. That guy looks almost exactly like Fayt! Hopefully they have a better ending and a well paced story this time!

Eh? It's called an opinion. I don't own a 360 or PS3 (nor plan to buy one anytime soon) so you can't call my post bias. I've played both series and I think SO is better.

I'm not saying FF is a bad series. It's a good series. I just prefer SO. Also, SO is pretty similar to Tales and you now how much I like Tales.

sorry, I didn't mean to cherry pick your comment. After reading the OP's opening statement and the stuff that followed all geared towards SO>FF, I had to respond! Yours was just the last comment I read before responding. You're entitled to your opinion but I get the feeling that most of the people making the claim that SO>FF haven't even played an SO game before. It just sounds like a cheap opportunity to praise M$ and take a stab at Sony for a series they know absolutely nothing about...especially the OP. Its that post I should've quoted!

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
Riachu said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
Soriku said:
Pristine20 said:
Soriku said:
Star Ocean > FF

The BS on this site i apalling! Since when did Star Ocean> FF? You guys like talking sales right? The sales, reason, fans and even the publishing company would suggest otherwise except I died and got born again to a different world!

You guys could have easily praised the quality of the game without taking cheap shots at FF! Its the same publisher for crying out loud.

On point though, it seems like nothing much has changed except the graphical upgrade. That guy looks almost exactly like Fayt! Hopefully they have a better ending and a well paced story this time!

Eh? It's called an opinion. I don't own a 360 or PS3 (nor plan to buy one anytime soon) so you can't call my post bias. I've played both series and I think SO is better.

I'm not saying FF is a bad series. It's a good series. I just prefer SO. Also, SO is pretty similar to Tales and you now how much I like Tales.

I'm a little surprised at the people throwing tantrums over the simple fact that there are many RPG franchises that are better than Final Fantasy. Star Ocean and Tales are just two of them.

I hate it when people bash a series just because it is mainstream

I do too. I remember when SO2 just appealed to the RPG crowd, then SO3 got bashed because it started to appeal to the mainstream.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
Riachu said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
Soriku said:
Pristine20 said:
Soriku said:
Star Ocean > FF

You guys could have easily praised the quality of the game without taking cheap shots at FF! Its the same publisher for crying out loud.

I'm a little surprised at the people throwing tantrums over the simple fact that there are many RPG franchises that are better than Final Fantasy. Star Ocean and Tales are just two of them.

I hate it when people bash a series just because it is mainstream

I do too. I remember when SO2 just appealed to the RPG crowd, then SO3 got bashed because it started to appeal to the mainstream.

Is that why SO3 gets bash?  Gee, I though it was because of the controversial plot twist.  Did Star Ocean really start to appeal to the mainstream?

swyggi said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

Here's the problem, your stating this as if it WERE fact.  It's not, it's your opinion no matter how honestly you may believe it.  The FACT that you are stating it as a fact is what is making many people angry, including myself. >_>

My undying love for Star Ocean won't allow me to state it as anything but fact.

Is that why SO3 gets bash?  Gee, I though it was because of the controversial plot twist.  Did Star Ocean really start to appeal to the mainstream?

Sorta, really the Squareheads wouldm't have bothered with Star Ocean had it not been for the merger which left the NA release of SO3 with the Square Enix label. Otherwide they wouldn't have touched Star Ocean in the slightest. The plot twist is just one of many excuses. There are many things that come together to make a final product, and a plot twist is hardly one of them.

The SO3 situation is somewhat similar to what happened to SaGa Frontier, except that game was more blatantly bashed for not being Final Fantasy.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

The character models look great :D

But that godzilla thing looks like plastic...

Around the Network
My undying love for Star Ocean won't allow me to state it as anything but fact.

Sounds kinky

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
i am getting this game on launch day , about ff13 looks very good but graphics can only take it so far, after the horrible ff12. se has alot to prove to me if they want me to buy ff13.

You do realize that S-E also own the Star Ocean IP right? Did you play SO3? It was far worse that FF12. You're only judging the quality of SO4 by the graphics as well...you haven't played the game yet.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

pearljammer said:
fazz said:
Star Ocean FTW. I agree, who needs Final Fantasy.

Damn, so many good RPGs on the Wii and the 360 lately... I'm seriously thinking on going back to them >_>

Final Fantasy truly is given an underserved tough rep. To me, it is analogous to saying 'Who needs Zelda?' There are so many other awesome action/adventure games out there...

Its just the price of being associated with the ps3 these days. People say ff12's story sucks, SO3's story was much worse. It started off well and drowned in its own shit after playing halfway through. The difficulty was also paced absurdly as well and the A.I. controlling the extra 2 characters in battle was mega dumb. FF12 replaced the A.I. with gambits to enable your characters operate as required yet people now claim SO>FF. HUGE BS.

Pristine20 said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
i am getting this game on launch day , about ff13 looks very good but graphics can only take it so far, after the horrible ff12. se has alot to prove to me if they want me to buy ff13.

You do realize that S-E also own the Star Ocean IP right? Did you play SO3? It was far worse that FF12. You're only judging the quality of SO4 by the graphics as well...you haven't played the game yet.

SO3 was very good, FFXII was great....end of discussion

fazz said:
Star Ocean FTW. I agree, who needs Final Fantasy.

Damn, so many good RPGs on the Wii and the 360 lately... I'm seriously thinking on going back to them >_>

Then you should go to the wii and 360 and leave FF for its fans.