By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Chrono Trigger DS confirmed real

Ho man, if anyone on this site could NOT deduce that I HATE the DS, they would have to be quite blind :P That being said, this is without a doubt, a day one system seller for me xD. I think I would buy a DS for this game (and brain age >_> ) alone. But don't think I'm doing this for you DS ;/ I still don't like you... but man do I support Chrono Trigger :D

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network

And then Square announced it's Japan only and everyone is pwnd.

''Hadouken!''

well, the NA site is up so no worries :P

http://na.square-enix.com/ctds/

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

Europe never even got the original CT

''Hadouken!''

Another remake?! I guess it's good for those who didn't get to play the original... But where are the NEW games? I played Chrono Trigger over a decade ago! (On a $90 SNES cartridge, I might add.) How about a friggin' sequel to Chrono Trigger, one that doesn't suck like Chrono Cross?

Square is quickly becoming my least-favorite developer. The remake to new game ratio seems to be about 3:1 right now. (I'm sure this is an unpopular view, but I really don't care.)

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

Around the Network
Sullla said:
Another remake?! I guess it's good for those who didn't get to play the original... But where are the NEW games? I played Chrono Trigger over a decade ago! (On a $90 SNES cartridge, I might add.) How about a friggin' sequel to Chrono Trigger, one that doesn't suck like Chrono Cross?

Square is quickly becoming my least-favorite developer. The remake to new game ratio seems to be about 3:1 right now. (I'm sure this is an unpopular view, but I really don't care.)

It's more like 1:5.

If you people hated CC, then you hated it for what it wasn't instead of liking it for what it actually was.

S-E actually seem to be improving from last gen and they are only remake the games that were and still are very popular.  Hopefully, S-E never makes a game as bad as Unlimited SaGa again.  I am sure a sequel can be done.  It would just be a matter of getting the original team back together.

4th DS game for me confirmed

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

GooseGaws said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

New games in the Tales series isn't news. That's just Tuesday.

Seriously, I am still waiting to hear something official about CT, just in case.

BTW, if this is a port, with the cut scenes from the Playstation version, that would mean the only game the DS has left to truly redeem the N64 is FFVII.

So what if it would be a port? Losing FFVII was where the N64 started its fall from grace. Getting FFVII on a Nintendo system would be the ultimate redemption for the N64.

The only way that would be worthwhile is if they somehow managed to remake FFVII into an actual good game. An unlikely proposition, at best. Perhaps a subtitle along the lines of "Seriously, It's Totally Better This Time" could help.

Also, I'm not sure how a DS port/remake of a SNES title helps to redeem the N64...

Why does FFVII need to be worthwhile to you? The point was that the N64 didn't get it, so the DS getting it would redeem it.

As for the comment about the SNES port, that is not what I wrote. Read my post again. Very carefully.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Resident_Hazard said:
naznatips said:
Riachu said:
There is no actual confirmation but the scan seems legit

The chances of someone making such an elaborate fake of a scan are so miniscule I'm willing to take the chance here.

... elaborate fakes exist, you know.... http://www.vooks.net/images/titlescreen.jpg

However, this is beyond good news.  I hope it's not a FFIII/FFIV-style remake.  I hope it's the original SNES game with smoother animation and graphical improvements.  Some extra stuff, and that's it.

That is actually the most likely.

http://kotaku.com/5021416/square-enix-confirms-chrono-trigger-ds

LOS ANGELES, July 2 /PRNewswire/ — Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of Square Enix(TM) interactive entertainment products in North America, announced today that it will release CHRONO TRIGGER(R) in North America this Holiday season. Remastered exclusively for Nintendo DS(TM), this marks the first time that the groundbreaking RPG will be available on a handheld console.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Holy crap this is awesome news! You mean I get FFIV *and* Chrono Trigger this year!?