By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Soul Calibur 4 (PS3) - 6.7 GB Install + 2 GB Save

I'm so glad I own a Wii. Its the world's last game console. Just put in the game and play. :) I'm betting this one of the biggest reasons Nintendo chose a 512mb limit on usable memory.

Around the Network

No, Nintendo chose 512MB of solid state storage because it was the most cost effective solution. And now that compromise solution is coming around to bite them in the ass now that they are trying to promote Wii Ware. Hence the need (and "otaku and geek" clamoring) for a more substantial storage solution.

i don't belieave it i need more confirmation from namco

That's sick. I hate this trend, it's destroying console gaming for me. I feel sorry for the people with a 20GB PS3.

only one thing left to do ROFLROFLROFL XD

u know now that 1tb ps3 comming soon :P

Feel free to check out my 8 montages at www.youtube.co.uk/stonj 

you can also find me at myspace.com/jamiestoner47 and on facebook

XBL :: stonj

Around the Network
leo-j said:
FJ-Warez said:

MGS4,GTA4,DMC4

I understand MGS4 since it used all of the 50gb of disc space, but  GTA 4 and DMC4 needed no install, why do 3rd party games have such high installs?

The highest Ive seen from a 1st party title is what? 500mb? And they look miles better than those 3rd party games.

First, there is no real proof of MGS4 using a full DL-BR disc (You couldn´t found any the las time, just misquotes)

Second, I put the reason already, do you want a good example?? Orange Box for the PS3, crappy load times, not every dev can made optimizations in the way the store the data...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

@soriku

And you make a thread for this? ........

360 version, it will be.

FJ-Warez said:
leo-j said:
FJ-Warez said:

MGS4,GTA4,DMC4

I understand MGS4 since it used all of the 50gb of disc space, but  GTA 4 and DMC4 needed no install, why do 3rd party games have such high installs?

The highest Ive seen from a 1st party title is what? 500mb? And they look miles better than those 3rd party games.

First, there is no real proof of MGS4 using a full DL-BR disc (You couldn´t found any the las time, just misquotes)

Second, I put the reason already, do you want a good example?? Orange Box for the PS3, crappy load times, not every dev can made optimizations in the way the store the data...

have you heard of learning curve?

bluray is a new technology and like every new technology needs learning curve before people start to optimize it,,,just like dvd in 98.

SpartanFX said:
FJ-Warez said:
leo-j said:
FJ-Warez said:

MGS4,GTA4,DMC4

have you heard of learning curve?

bluray is a new technology and like every new technology needs learning curve before people start to optimize it,,,just like dvd in 98.

What?

Blu-ray wouldn't require a learning curve.  It's just files on a disc.