By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft FUD on VGC is getting old...

PooperScooper said:
Dianko said:
Aj_habfan said:
I feel no sympathy, this is nothing to what PS3 went through last year, we dealt with it now you deal with it.

That's a pretty negative view. Shouldn't a gaming forum be more about gaming rather having half the forum posts dedicated to trolling? This is a sales website, so I would enjoy more objective analysis of the sales instead of the usual "PS3 DOMINATIONZZZ" and "This 360 game will suck". Honestly, I've read less and less through out the last year because the tone turned more and more negative, toward all consoles, but recently heavily against the 360. It's an issue that should be looked at by the higher ups because frankly, it goes against the legitimacy of the site.

Edit: When I look at the polls and I see ridiculous results, it really goes to show how skewed the site. The recent poll asking which game will sell the most this year, has MGS4 leading EVERY game. GTA4 on PS3/360, Wii Fit, SSBB, Mario Kart. Come on, realistically MGS4 isn't very likely to outsell ANY of those games by the end of year.

You do realize that poll is 6-7 months old dont you?

You also know that there have been like 10 threads about it right?

You also know that since then MGS4 votes have sky rocketted... don't you?

MGS4 hasn't always had the highest votes. It use to be GTA 360 then GTA ps3 then a wii game.

People like to fuck with stuff like that.

Another thing people screwed around with that was exactly like that was the game rankings.

Same concept.

I think people like you voted for MGS4 so you could point it out and be like "lol MGS4 highest voted game lol"

No, I didn't know most of that. It says "Poll of the Day" so I assumed it was fairly recent.

Around the Network
DKII said:
Sansui said:

You weren't around. When I say most, I mean it. And the ones that left were crybabies, that's all there is to it. I didn't say anything about the ones who are left -- in fact most of the time the 360 fans that are left here are the most reasonable of the bunch, since we weeded out all the bad ones early on with that incident. Why don't you try pulling the stick out of your butt?

Wow, DKII... you always seemed like someone above the fray... a voice of reason.  This is disappointing.

Yeah, I know... if I'm disappointed by this sort of comment from someone in charge I'm just a crybaby and should pull the stick out of my butt.

I give up.

I swear people on these forums wouldn't survive on any other. I mean one little thing is said about something and then you all freak out and and act like it's the end of the world and only luckily have a moderating system than bans people for speaking there mind no matter what it may be.

Trust me on other forums where true debate is allowed, no matter how silly and nonsensical you might think it is, yall wouldn't survive. Have to know how to debate and argue things you think are the most stupid. And sure people are going to say things that are fanboyish are idiotic, but that doesn't mean you cry about it or take it personally. Ya strike back hard just the same way they did. Yet here nothing like that. It's a my way or the highway kinda setup and really just takes anything fun out of forum arguments. Oh man they called Wii a gimmick, or MGS4 bad, or made fun of Too Human. Shut up or man up is what I like to go off of. They have the right to their opinion and you have the right to tell them there's is wrong with a list of reasons. That's how it should be.

Zucas said:
I swear people on these forums wouldn't survive on any other. I mean one little thing is said about something and then you all freak out and and act like it's the end of the world and only luckily have a moderating system than bans people for speaking there mind no matter what it may be.

Trust me on other forums where true debate is allowed, no matter how silly and nonsensical you might think it is, yall wouldn't survive. Have to know how to debate and argue things you think are the most stupid. And sure people are going to say things that are fanboyish are idiotic, but that doesn't mean you cry about it or take it personally. Ya strike back hard just the same way they did. Yet here nothing like that. It's a my way or the highway kinda setup and really just takes anything fun out of forum arguments. Oh man they called Wii a gimmick, or MGS4 bad, or made fun of Too Human. Shut up or man up is what I like to go off of. They have the right to their opinion and you have the right to tell them there's is wrong with a list of reasons. That's how it should be.

I understand where you're coming from, but some of us don't come here to just get into silly arguments all the time.  Yeah, debating can be fun, but it's getting to the point where just about every thread in some forums tends to degenerate into a wild fray.  The signal-to-noise ratio is getting really bad in a lot of areas.

Once you find out and believe that you are the smartest person on the site, and everyone else are idiots, it's much easier to post

Around the Network
Dianko said:
PooperScooper said:

You do realize that poll is 6-7 months old dont you?

You also know that there have been like 10 threads about it right?

You also know that since then MGS4 votes have sky rocketted... don't you?

MGS4 hasn't always had the highest votes. It use to be GTA 360 then GTA ps3 then a wii game.

People like to fuck with stuff like that.

Another thing people screwed around with that was exactly like that was the game rankings.

Same concept.

I think people like you voted for MGS4 so you could point it out and be like "lol MGS4 highest voted game lol"

No, I didn't know most of that. It says "Poll of the Day" so I assumed it was fairly recent.

To give you an idea of the poll 2 weeks ago MGS4 was  only 23% now its 26% 3% is huge jump in 2 weeks. hundreds of people had to of voted for it in that time.

Once you learn to clear through the worthless fucks on this forum, you can find some interesting topics.

DMeisterJ said:
Once you find out and believe that you are the smartest person on the site, and everyone else are idiots, it's much easier to post

This has to be the best post of this thread.  LOL!  Thanks, it was getting pretty serious in here...

Zucas said:
but that doesn't mean you cry about it or take it personally. Ya strike back hard just the same way they did. Shut up or man up is what I like to go off of.

It's kinda hard to "man up" and "strike back" when you're temp banned for what one mod considers an infraction, and your "opponent" is free to continue talking shit without repercussion.

That hasn't happened to me, but I've seen it happen in a lot of other threads.  I'm not interested in the fanboy wars, but I would like it if the people in charge would either say "ok, let the fanboy wars rage on" or "sorry, no more fanboy wars", rather than this unknown quantity of "reason" that is upheld by moderators that may or may not be biased.

Sansui said:
Zucas said:
but that doesn't mean you cry about it or take it personally. Ya strike back hard just the same way they did. Shut up or man up is what I like to go off of.

It's kinda hard to "man up" and "strike back" when you're temp banned for what one mod considers an infraction, and your "opponent" is free to continue talking shit without repercussion.

That hasn't happened to me, but I've seen it happen in a lot of other threads.  I'm not interested in the fanboy wars, but I would like it if the people in charge would either say "ok, let the fanboy wars rage on" or "sorry, no more fanboy wars", rather than this unknown quantity of "reason" that is upheld by moderators that may or may not be biased.

totally agree, i was banned because every thought i insulted all christians

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.