By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - DualShock 3's available this Friday in Europe

"Yes, you read that correctly. We've just received word from Sony that the long-awaited European release of the DualShock 3 is coming soon. We'll have our hands clasped around the buzzing wonders from Friday the 4th of July and they will cost £39.99 (we've requested a price in Euros too, because we know how much you love those).

There's no word on whether any different colours will be available, so we're going to assumed that you'll have a choice between black and black. You can count on SCEE to announce something so long-awaited without a modicum of pomp or ceremony. Despite the lack of a fanfare, we're happy to see DualShock 3s finally becoming standard everywhere in the world. All that's left is to phase out the SIXAXIS models and start bundling DS3s with all PS3s. Here's hoping."

Full Story: http://www.gamenewsdirectory.com/news-details/58444-dualshock-3s-available-this-friday-in-europe

Around the Network

£40? Rip off much. I just bought 2 SIXAXIS controllers for that much.

tombi123 said:

That's probably because Sony was dumping their leftover Sixaxis stock on Europe at a reduced price... Now that we Europeans ate up the outdated product, we're slammed with the new one at inflated prices. That's how much Sony loves you ;)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

£40 seems steep but about time.

*orders another DualShock 3 (black) from play-asia.com (currently £26)*

Hmm, pie.

£40 is a total rip off...I reckon £30 is more realistic. I will just stick with the normal SixAxis until they come down in price.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Around the Network

Confirmed that it will be released on Wednesday 2nd of July

Link: http://www.scee.presscentre.com/Content/Detail.asp?ReleaseID=4585&NewsAreaID=2

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) today announced that DUALSHOCK®3 Wireless Controller will be available for PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) in Europe on July 2, 2008.

The rumble is baaacccckkkkk!!

Little MGS4 humor,btw.

finally!!!!!

End of 2008 Sales:

Wii- 39 Million 360- 25Million PS3- 22 Million

PSN: papasmurf5721

NJ5 said:
tombi123 said:

That's probably because Sony was dumping their leftover Sixaxis stock on Europe at a reduced price... Now that we Europeans ate up the outdated product, we're slammed with the new one at inflated prices. That's how much Sony loves you ;)

They are on sale here in Switzerland for SFr 99 = $95 (pack of 2 Sixaxis)

Typical Sony style....

Give massive delay to build up demand and hype and then release with raping prices... Sony can really piss me off at times. Luckily for me I imported my DS3's cheap from the US but seriously Sony need their balls chopped off for crap like this.