By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What is Kojima doing with an Xbox 360 development kit???

Pete_Beast said:
wdf is a devkit lol, just now I'm hearing about these kits, do they sell these to consumers to create games or something? Enlighten me!

developers need dev kits to make a game for certain console, dev kits are modefied consoles that can do more then the ones you buy

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Around the Network

as said above that is not a devkit these are devkits

Xbox 360 developer kits, as used in a demonstration at the CEDEC, Japan

right click view image

Ahem. How do people know all dev-kits are black? There were probably tons of different models.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

What is the point fo using devkits anyway?

Riachu said:

They're special consoles used for development. Probably have a ton of features to help developers, such as not needing to burn a DVD just to run a game.

Around the Network
Riachu said:

They're special developer kits for a given console. They allow you to test the game, and environments out on the system your making the game for, without having to burn a DVD, and transfer the code that way. It allows for much, much faster translation and debuging of a game.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

For starters, that's not Kojima's desk.

His desk is in a corner office with glass partitioning.

NJ5 said:
Riachu said:

They're special consoles used for development. Probably have a ton of features to help developers, such as not needing to burn a DVD just to run a game.

I am suprise that some developers seem to have a hard time developing on the PS3 since there are devkits that should help them.

Riachu said:
NJ5 said:
Riachu said:

I am suprise that some developers seem to have a hard time developing on the PS3 since there are devkits that should help them.

There are devkits for every console, that's not what makes it harder to develop on the PS3.

According to what I've heard, the problem with the PS3 is its less friendly architecture and worse development tools (not surprising since Microsoft has decades of experience with making tools for developers).

yeah? Its the new supermega exclusive titel for Xbox 360.
After MGS4, Kojima always wanted to make something new, brand awesome IP. Remember my words.