By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My rechargeable batteries don't seem to work in my wiimote. Help?

No, mAh is an indication of how long the batteries will last (milli Amp hours I believe)

so the higher the mAh the longer they will last in your appliance (mine are 2100mAh and last almost as long as normal batteries before they need recharghing)

It will say what the battery is made of somewhere on it.
they will most likely be NiMH (Nickel Metal Hydrate I think, or Magnisium or something.)

The cheapest ones might say Ni-Cd instead (Nickel Cadmium) I wouldn't have advised you buy these ehough.

Around the Network

ah, excelent. Mine are 2500 mAh, and it does say Nickel Metal Hydride on it.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

The_vagabond7 said:

Ok, so I got tired of buying batteries for my wiimote, so I get some rechargeable batteries, but with them in my wiimote it won't even turn on. I got energizer 2500 mAh batteries figuring one is as good as the next, but it just isn't working. Do they need to be charged BEFORE they work, or does this kind of battery just not work in the wiimote for some reason?

Íve got the energizer too and never had a problem you just need to charge them.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

The_vagabond7 said:

That's good. Buy a charger which supports NiMH batteries.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

The_vagabond7 said:

Good, they should last a while.

The ones you bought though are almost definately the type that lose charge over time, so if you charge them and then leave them for a week before using them in the remote, you will find they don't last as long as if you just charged them.

Personally I would reccomend the ones I use to anyone, they cost about twice as much initially but are well worth it.