By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My rechargeable batteries don't seem to work in my wiimote. Help?

Ok, so I got tired of buying batteries for my wiimote, so I get some rechargeable batteries, but with them in my wiimote it won't even turn on. I got energizer 2500 mAh batteries figuring one is as good as the next, but it just isn't working. Do they need to be charged BEFORE they work, or does this kind of battery just not work in the wiimote for some reason?

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

I use rechargeable batteries both with the Wiimote and 360's controller. They work perfectly fine and last for very long.

Have you checked if they're charged? ;)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

If you want rechargable batteries, I suggest the Nyko station charger.

It's $34.99, and I've been using it for a year without any problems

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

I actually didn't get a charger with them, I figured I would let them run down and then get a charger for 5 bucks then, but now they don't work at all and I'm not sure if they are charged or no.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Yeah, I could get a nyko station charger or just some rechargable batteries and a charger for ten bucks.

Around the Network
The_vagabond7 said:
I actually didn't get a charger with them, I figured I would let them run down and then get a charger for 5 bucks then, but now they don't work at all and I'm not sure if they are charged or no.

Just try them on some other battery-operated device.

@dtewi: Those Nyko chargers are overpriced, and a normal charger allows you to use the batteries for other stuff. I've also heard of some fried Wiimotes with that kind of charger (Nyko or not, I'm not sure).

I think most rechargeable batteries are not charged out of the box, so you will probably need to charge them.

Well, my Wiimote never worked for rechargable batteries so I had to settle for those instead...

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
Well, my Wiimote never worked for rechargable batteries so I had to settle for those instead...

That's weird... Never heard of similar issues, rechargeable batteries are supposed to work like any other battery.

I have had the nyko charger since I bought the wii in may 2007 and it's been great.