By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If you think game reviews are bad...

Check out the reviews for WALL-E. One of the comments is "I don't know if this is a masterpiece, but it's perfect" or something to that effect. It's 97% on Rottentomatoes, and similar on Metacritic (which is more impressive).

I nearly fell asleep during the middle of the movie. Some parts were entertaining, and there is a revelation of sorts, but the movie isn't very fun to watch overall. And yet, near perfect reviews and several critics calling it "perfect."

I'd say game reviews aren't that bad compared to that nonsense. Pixar is more untouchable than GTA.

Around the Network

If it's as good as Toy Story 2, then those reviews are correct. I haven't seen it yet, lol.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I actually thought that The Incredibles wasn't a great movie, I though it was just average...

Toy Story 2 is the best "Disney" sequel, but I don't think it's as good as reviews say. Ratatouille wasn't funny, either.

I really enjoyed The Incredibles and Monsters Inc, but I don't think WALL-E is any better than Cars.

I guess this will be better when more people see it, but just as a principle, calling a movie perfect is over the top.

I liked Cars alot. Maybe it was because it was cars, and they nailed the human feeling real good, because the story is certainly cliche.

Around the Network

I've been psyched for WALL-E ever since the first teasers came about, it just looks as if it will be in another league to the last Pixar efforts (Cars and Ratatouille which were both good but not classic).

Knowing that the concepts for WALL-E originated during the origins of Toy Story, Monsters Inc and Finding Nemo as well just fills me with even more hope that it'll be brilliant!

It's out here on the 18th, can't wait to go see it!

Oh and slightly off topic - my fave Pixars are The Incredibles, Finding Nemo and Toy Story 2! :)

windbane said:
Toy Story 2 is the best "Disney" sequel, but I don't think it's as good as reviews say. Ratatouille wasn't funny, either.

I really enjoyed The Incredibles and Monsters Inc, but I don't think WALL-E is any better than Cars.

I guess this will be better when more people see it, but just as a principle, calling a movie perfect is over the top.

What you are saying leads me to believe that this is a taste issue and you probably think Heat is the greatest movie ever made.

As far as movie reviewers are concerned, yes they are a thousand time better then game reviewers. Why? Because every year tons of perfect scores are given out by individual reviewer, there by not making it some achievement but rather an actual review for the sake of informing.

When Roger Ebert gives a film 4 stars (out of 4) I don’t expect to be seeing an academy award winning film. All it tells me is I should read the review because I might like it. Conversely in the game world a 10 out of 10 from IGN usually clinches the GOTY.

I have seen movies that will get a ton of mediocre reviews and score high on Rotten Tomatoes because they where all still positive. So theoretically you could get 100% there and still only be getting 3 out 4 here or 7 out of 10 type reviews.

Bottom line the movie review industry in run by professional, not by movie fan boys who talk about how cool star wars is or get so excited from seeing things blow up. Unlike game reviewers.

Rotten Tomatoes - system isn't the best but it is usually a good measure, then agian IGN owns them so who knows.

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1

A few people I know saw it and said it was a typical Pixar movie. Cute, but this one apparently gets border-line preachy about some kind of environmental crap. Not really excited to hear that turn of events.

Yet another reason I use condoms: So I don't have to shell out money taking any bastard kids of mine to see this kind of thing.

The dedication you show to any particular console or company is inversely proportional to the number of times you have gotten laid. If you get laid enough, even if you prefer a certain brand, you just don't give enough of a shit to argue about it on the internet.

kenzomatic: Of course it's a matter of taste. Perhaps I should see Heat, because I haven't. My opinions of the above Pixar movies say just about nothing of my movie tastes, however.

My point is that the reviewers are caling the movie perfect, when it clearly isn't, no matter how much you like it.

frodaddyg: I wasn't bothered so much by the environmental focus. The girl I saw it with was, though, so perhaps that is an issue. I just thought it wasn't overly entertaining. Condoms are always good advice, though.

Frodaddyg said:

A few people I know saw it and said it was a typical Pixar movie. Cute, but this one apparently gets border-line preachy about some kind of environmental crap. Not really excited to hear that turn of events.

Yet another reason I use condoms: So I don't have to shell out money taking any bastard kids of mine to see this kind of thing.

How many reasons do you need to use condoms?