By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation 3 Platinum Titles Launch August 1st in France

The article is not in english, but there is a picture.

http://ps3-sense.nl/showthread.php/releasedatum-en-prijs-playstation-platinum-games-bekend-1009.html?s=c2f2cffbacfb53879665e87622b74275&p=6279#post6279

All I can gather from the article (I think) is that Motorstorm, Resistance, Uncharted, Heavenly Sword and Ratchet and Clank are going Platinum.

If the Picture is what Platinum games will look like, I don't really like what I'm seeing. I think they could have picked a better colour. Maybe red. At least red would match the PS3s black and red theme. Yellow seems a bit of an odd choice in my opinion.

EDIT:

Translated text here: http://www.n4g.com/ps3/NewsCom-162552.aspx?CT=1

Platinum titles go by the name Greatest Hits in the US.

Titles will sell for 24,99 euros which is $40.00 USD.

Around the Network

Hope there is news on the Greatest Hits versions for these games for the NA audience. Been wanting to get Uncharted and Heavenly Sword, but don't want to pay full price at the moment.

Also would be nice to see Folklore on the list, but I can only hope.

what color are the japanese "the best" cases?

Hope there is news on the Greatest Hits versions for these games for the NA audience.

E3 or nothing.

Oh no. Time for the ''ugly ones'' to strike back.
At least platginum covers looks better than Xbox Classics.

Bagaren85 said:
Oh no. Time for the ''ugly ones'' to strike back.
At least platginum covers looks better than Xbox Classics.

I dunno....That yellow doesn't look so good D:

Around the Network

Here's a rough translation from Dutch to English:

Previously you could see all the boxshots of the upcoming PlayStation Platinum titles, and today have a date plus price for you. The games will be the first launch in France on August 1, 2008 for a price of € 24.99. This has Sony France today announced whether that date also for the rest of Europe is still unknown.

The next games will be sold as' Platinum '

* MotorStorm
* Resistance: Fall of Man
* Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
* Heavenly Sword
* Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destrution

Those boxes look like ass.

I hope they announce the GH lineup at E3 and launch them by early August at the latest. I also hope the boxes are either blue or transparent.

why would they come out in france first? makes no sense to me

My Top 5 Games of All Time

1. FF7 4. SSX Tricky

2. FE7 5. RE4

3. MGS4

VALENCIA CF

SACRAMENTO KINGS

€25 is good, means they will be £20.

On the cover and the yellow, that image has been floating around for months hasn't it? I think they'll stick with previous Platinum colours, as in a silvery colour. They did a silver box for PS2 games as well.

Hmm, pie.

PooperScooper said:

what color are the japanese "the best" cases?

Hope there is news on the Greatest Hits versions for these games for the NA audience.

E3 or nothing.

Yellow, but not as ugly as the Euro ones.

PS2 was yellow as well.