By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - britian makes the best bands!!!!

I really like this thread.
heres a couple of old gems from britain.
wishbone ash, caravan, traffic of which steve winwood was a member. Or how about be bop deluxe. great bands for their time you should check them out on you tube.
@ ps360 you tube queen at the hammersmith odeon 1975 I think it was. just listen to the rawness and rock sound of one of the best bands in there infancy.

Around the Network
okr said:
super_etecoon said:
I love that everyone is forgetting bands from America like:
Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Guns and Roses, Metallica, Modest Mouse, and fricking Elvis Presley.

If you'd replace Guns N' Roses with, say...Built to Spill, this would be a great list.

Are you kidding me?  Built to Spill is great....but you can't deny the greatness that is Use Your Illuison I/II.  They're the only hair rock band that made it out of the eighties with their repuation intact.  I guess it's a good thing that Chinese Democracy never came out.

Of course, if we include Slash's miserable side project known as Velvet Revolver then we start going back downhill again.  Thank God they parted ways.

Nothing beats Oasis.

Repeat: nothing

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

colonelstubbs said:
Nothing beats Oasis.

most overrated band eva no joke

SKEEZER AND NINTENDO FAN GIRL ARE MY NEMESIS

YES TO BEER

i love xbox360 said:
colonelstubbs said:
Nothing beats Oasis.

I wouldn't say "most", but I also think they are overrated. But to each their own. There's no accounting for taste. 

Around the Network
colonelstubbs said:
Nothing beats Oasis.

Oasis are good don’t know about best band ever a lot of people said myself included they sounded very like the Beatles.

That’s not to take anything away from them. I think also the hype they got at there peak hurt them a bit.

Still a very good band.

Just my opinion I know music is a very personal thing as far as taste goes.

speaking of taste anybody remember rory gallagher irish guitarist deceased now.

reask said:
colonelstubbs said:
Nothing beats Oasis.

He died in 1995. Unfortunately I've never heard one of his songs.

reask said:
colonelstubbs said:
Nothing beats Oasis.

Oasis are good don’t know about best band ever a lot of people said myself included they sounded very like the Beatles.

That’s not to take anything away from them. I think also the hype they got at there peak hurt them a bit.

Still a very good band.

Just my opinion I know music is a very personal thing as far as taste goes.

That might be because Liam was taught music based on the chords that the beatles regularly used

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

this thread needs a lot more Radiohead love.

Radiohead is a great band.
They are from Britain.
They are probably one of the best bands around.
Let's all love Radiohead, and forget about all of these other shitty British bands.

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout
okr said:
i love xbox360 said:
colonelstubbs said:
Nothing beats Oasis.

I wouldn't say "most", but I also think they are overrated. But to each their own. There's no accounting for taste. 

When it comes to overrated, there's not a band in the world that can top the Beatles.