By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - britian makes the best bands!!!!

no offence to other countries but us brits just have the best bands eva all the major big bands r british (coldplay, the police ,rolling stones, muse arctic monkeys to name a few)

just wanted to no if u people out there think the british rock 2

SKEEZER AND NINTENDO FAN GIRL ARE MY NEMESIS

YES TO BEER

Around the Network

Well, I like Bullet for my Valentine, Lost Prophets, Funeral for a Friend, Coldplay. But I don't think that there are enough.

We do have a great history in music, though, and have shaped many of the biggest genres out there.

lol at your choice of bands.

Let's see....you've also got:

The Beatles, Pink Floyd, and Queen.

But this pissing match is unnecessary....

super_etecoon said:

not to be funny but there before my time and i was only givein a few examples

SKEEZER AND NINTENDO FAN GIRL ARE MY NEMESIS

YES TO BEER

I guess you guys have some good bands, so what?

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network
i love xbox360 said:
super_etecoon said:

not to be funny but there before my time and i was only givein a few examples

Uh...they're before all of our time.  Well, except FKusumot.

And that's the lamest excuse for not listening to some of the most influential, profound music of ALL TIME...regardless of geographic location.  Seriously, do yourself a favor and broaden your horizons...both in time ....and in space.

Cream, Derrick and the Dominos, The Yarbirds. (is there a common thread?)
Led Zeppelin.

Heck, right now, I will credit the UK with keeping Rock alive while the North Americas are dominated with rap.

SamuelRSmith said:
Well, I like Bullet for my Valentine, Lost Prophets, Funeral for a Friend, Coldplay. But I don't think that there are enough.

We do have a great history in music, though, and have shaped many of the biggest genres out there.

lol dont forget where the main genres came from - jazz, ragtime, rock n roll, rock, heavy metal, punk, rap, hip hop, alternative rock, hardcore, etc all came out of the US.

Dogs Rule said:
Cream, Derrick and the Dominos, The Yarbirds. (is there a common thread?)
Led Zeppelin.

Heck, right now, I will credit the UK with keeping Rock alive while the North Americas are dominated with rap.

If you only like to consider the MTV generation...then you might be right.

But I'm sure you are aware that the best music happens underground.

bardicverse said:
SamuelRSmith said:

lol dont forget where the main genres came from - jazz, ragtime, rock n roll, rock, heavy metal, punk, rap, hip hop, alternative rock, hardcore, etc all came out of the US.

Now, I'm not an expert on this, and I don't know much, but I can tell you one thing, punk was created in Britain. About the rest, I do not know.