By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor!!! MS teams up with Samsung to offer Xbox 360 TV's

dbot said:
@Squillam - I wouldn't count MS's lack of knowledge in the home electronics field as a plus.

If this is true, it will be the dumbest idea I heard all week? What if the xbox happens to have a hardware issue?

Quite simple, it will be covered under warranty. The reason for just have a 512mb flash drive is for simplicity and reliability. Its not a lack of knowledge, its a lack of a vested interest. They do well with PC software because there isn't a conflict of interest with the hardware to run it on.

Tease.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
Actually this bundling is perhaps the best way for Microsoft to actually win this console war, hell beat even Nintendo. :)

I think you need to wake up, this could help them but not that much. TV´s with built in dvd or in this case a console is a lot of hassle to deal with and what if it does redring then you need to send the whole tv in.

This might help sales a bit but not a chance it will help it to compete with the Wii.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Squilliam said:
dbot said:
@Squillam - I wouldn't count MS's lack of knowledge in the home electronics field as a plus.

If this is true, it will be the dumbest idea I heard all week? What if the xbox happens to have a hardware issue?

Quite simple, it will be covered under warranty. The reason for just have a 512mb flash drive is for simplicity and reliability. Its not a lack of knowledge, its a lack of a vested interest. They do well with PC software because there isn't a conflict of interest with the hardware to run it on.

This concept may make sense in a portable model tv/xbox, but it has no appeal as a full size offering.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

The very idea of trying to integrate a piece of hardware as power hungry and complex as a 360 into a TV is... kinda ludicrous. I wouldn't be surprised at a bundle deal, but even housing a regular X360 inside a TV seems... like a bad idea.

Designing a custom one for the Samsung HDTV market would be pretty wasteful of that "money" thing, that M$ holds in such high regard, as well. I doubt this rumor is true.

Why are people assuming that it would red ring? The TV doesn't even need to have the same chips in it!

Around the Network

LOL TV RROD =D

j/k xD

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

so, it is an arcade in an hdtv. What happens when you get RRoD? do they send a whole coffin for the tv?

I would never buy a game system/tv combo unit.

In fact I try to stay away from all combo tech units.

vaio said:
Squilliam said:
Actually this bundling is perhaps the best way for Microsoft to actually win this console war, hell beat even Nintendo. :)

I think you need to wake up, this could help them but not that much. TV´s with built in dvd or in this case a console is a lot of hassle to deal with and what if it does redring then you need to send the whole tv in.

This might help sales a bit but not a chance it will help it to compete with the Wii.

Actually there are areas where the traditional control scheme is better suited to the situational need.

For example imagine in car entertainment based on a Wii. The Kids will be fighting in the back seat before they get halfway down the street.

Also Tvs with inbuilt dvds are great for kids and anyone else who just wants to play them without too much clutter. This is just the next step really, and if you consider the Xmote concept, even if they use the same technology as the Wii it would just work better if the sensor bar was implemented inside the tv.

BTW, im going to break some news to you. If Nintendo can find market openings then so can Microsoft. So to count anyone out at this stage is just crass.

Lastly, the Xbox360 will eventually cost the same as the Wii to manufacture for the arcade model. Probably Circa 2010 with the 32nm shrink.

Tease.

LOL if my XBOX tv rrood'd i wouldn't be able to watch tv or play games for 3 weeks.

And if did sell well and have similar issues to the 360 I'm sure MS would be forking out alot more than $1b for repair costs .

Million said:
LOL if my XBOX tv rrood'd i wouldn't be able to watch tv or play games for 3 weeks.

And if did sell well and have similar issues to the 360 I'm sure MS would be forking out alot more than $1b for repair costs .

You'd get a month free TV license.