By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kojima doing Half-life and Valve doing Metal Sear Solid?

What do you think of a Kojima style Half-life?

They have hugely contrasting styles yet both are considered great game story tellers and yet both are also regarded highly for the one main series they produce.

Lets say theres a chance meeting in the elevator. Kojima is looking for a change in game style and so is Valve. What would you think would happen if they decided to switch and have kojima make and produce Half-life and have the valve guys produce MGS5.

If they kept to their own style, Valve would make it as in-game as they possibly could. They wouldn't use cut scenes and they would keep it all interactive so you could move about in set pieces and they'd mix it into the action. They would probably make the story more straight forward and they wouldn't break up the gameplay when someone calls. They would just do that ingame alongside whatever you're doing at the time.

I think Kojima on the other hand would add a lot more subtlety to the Half-life game. He would definately flesh the story out a lot more and involve a lot more character interaction. In the gameplay itself he would probably make slight changes so that you don't go in guns blazing all of the time and give you that feeling you're being hunted by improving the reactions of the enemies to your presence.

Ok, thats not everything but I don't want it too long. I definately feel that they could both bring something to each others landmark franchises and make a AAA game equally good as the standard creator.

Tease.

Around the Network

Kojima is not considered a great game storyteller.

If they tried to do each other's work, it would probably hurt both franchises, Half-Life more than MGS.

Well the biggest difference is that you would

play MGS5

Watch Half life

ZOMG., JUST PLAYING LOL

obieslut said:
Well the biggest difference is that you would

play MGS5

Watch Half life

ZOMG., JUST PLAYING LOL

Obie!!!!

FTW!!!

Tease.

Half-Life under Kojima's direction:

[Gordon moves five feet]

[Alyx]: Gordon, you need to pick up that crowbar!

[Gordon]: Pick up that crowbar? How do I do that?

[Alyx]: To pick up an item, run up to it and press X.

[Gordon]: So, to pick up the crowbar, I walk over to it and press X?

[Alyx]: That's right, Gordon!

[Gordon]: Thanks, Alyx.

[Gordon walks another five feet toward the crowbar]

[Alyx]: Oh, Gordon, I forgot! There might be headcrabs around here.

[Gordon]: Headcrabs?

[Alyx]: Yeah. You know, those things you killed in the first game. They like to leap on to people's heads and turn them into zombies.

[Gordon]: Oh, yeah. Headcrabs. Now I remember.

[Alyx]: Just be careful, okay Gordon? If you need help, press the A button and I'll give you hints.

[Gordon]: So, if I'm stuck, press the A button?

[Alyx]: Right, Gordon.

[Gordon]: All right. Thanks again, Alyx.

[Alyx]: No problem, Gordon!

[Gordon reaches the crowbar and is about to pick it up.]

[Alyx]: Oh, by the way, did you know that the artist Salvador Dali once said, "Intelligence without ambition is like a bird without wings?"

[Gordon]: ... Just let me pick up the damn crowbar already.

[Alyx]: No, wait; I need to explain to you, at length, why the Combine is an allegory for the Communists in the Cold War.

[Gordon]: ...

[etc.]

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network

This thread has just started and it's already awesome.

LOL.
@ Garcian Smith

You should do more popular game scenarios if they were done by Kojima. How about Resident Evil 5?

Squilliam said:

I think Kojima on the other hand would add a lot more subtlety to the Half-life game.

I know it's completely out of context, but this sentence fails on many many levels.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Squilliam said:

I think Kojima on the other hand would add a lot more subtlety to the Half-life game.

I know it's completely out of context, but this sentence fails on many many levels.

Half-life = straight forward = simplified = Wii-ified

MGS4 = ?

Tease.

I too request more games "metal geared" from you Garcian. PLZ :D

I try to be reasonable at all times, offer the same back please.

Proud owner of all next gen consoles.

"We do it for the Glory"