By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NA sales up! X360 > Ps3

awesome, great sales by the HD systems although wii is still doing way better^^

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

wii US > than ps3 WW
wii US >> than x360 WW

wii will win.

2008 year end sales (made in January 2008):

44.2 M 27.1 M 20.8 M

We will see what happens in a couple of weeks, but I suspect that the demand for the 80GB unit couldn't account for more than (about) 20,000 units which will diminish over time (as everyone who cares about Metal Gear Solid owns a PS3). Certainly, there will be a decent boost the next time they're available because of the build up of people waiting, but this boost will still not be that amazing.

I'm actually glad the PS3 didn't drop more.
I was worried too many buyers would delay their purchase until the 80 GB get restocked...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

It makes perfect sense. Why would anyone buy a 400 dollar PS3 and an extra MGS4 game when they can get full backwards compatibility along with dual shock 3 in one box.

Console Agnostic since 2001.

Around the Network
Spectrumglr said:
wii US > than ps3 WW
wii US >> than x360 WW

wii will win.

When you're first on with that, you might mention:

Wii NA > PsP + Ps360 NA

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Eighty gig.

Good thing Sony is replenishing the 80 gig. People are holding off to be able to find it.

leo-j said:
Yea sure Im going to wait for NPD.

Seriously???  Even after NPD proclaimed doom for HD consoles after GTA there are still fanboys who want to believe VGC has a Wii bias and NPD will be your savior?

I would also say that the 80GB Bundle just takes away from 40GB sales. I doubt Sony is going to ship them in huge quantities.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

wii is back on top, ps3 drop was expected, i think 360 will sell less next week but sells will rise after the price cut

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434