By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Tears of Tiara (JRPG) (PC/PS3) Good game?

For those who are like ' WTF is TEARS of Tiara' check the trailer first:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDPBulk9XHs

Tears of Tiara is game that has been released on PC in 2005 so does anyone have played it?  Is it good? Opinions?

I am quite interested in the game,  the visuals are pretty good, the music and story looks promising.  Only the gameplay worries me;..  It is more a tactics game and I really never enjoyed one of those before but maybe I will like this one.

Oh yeah for I forgot the game will release next month in Japan on the 17th of July. (On PS3).

Around the Network

Can I conclude with the amount of the comments so far that this game is so niche that even Hardcore niche this kind of type game lovers don't loved this?

Er... mostly not being discussed because it is Japan only. PS3 may be region free, but that doesn't make it easy to play a text-heavy Japanese game...

I don't think this type of game appeals to the western market.

@ Nazna you are probably right I hope it will get a localization though...

@FilaBrasileiro: Any particular reason why not?

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:

The graphics in a lot of them aren't very good

The game apparently has been remade for PS3 as well. Grid based now, I believe.

konnichiwa said:

I just don't believe this is the type of game that would sell on the west, but I might be wrong though.

Erh, I may be wrong, but isn't that an Ecchi game ?
If so, I really don't see this game leaving Japan.
I mean : SRPG + Ecchi + Text-Heavy, that's really niche. And the Text-Heavy part makes the game difficult (and costly) to translate.

As for the game being good or not, I don't think there's enough Japanese gamers (even more one who would have played the original one) on this site to gives an opinion.

It has been remade for the ps3. Most of the "naughty" stuff has been removed. :P

They've also added in lot's of other stuff. They're almost two completely different games, aside from story.