By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Over 370,000 words recorded for Fable 2

leo-j said:
starcraft said:
masterb8tr said:
i think fable 2 will have a good shot at becoming rpg of the year.

If FFXIII doesn't make it out this year, I think Fable 2 is a shoe-in.  Especially after Fallout 3 seems to have gone to hell on a fast train.

You seem to have forgotten about White knight chronicles made by LEVEL 5.

Actually I have not.  Ignoring the fact that recent statements indicate that game won't hit until first quarter next calendar year, I just don't think it will be nearly as good as Fable 2. 

Don't get me wrong, its almost certainly a game I'll pick up when I get a PS3, but with repetitive looking combat (which is REALLY bad in a JRPG) its just gone from really good to good in my books.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
shio said:
Slimebeast said:
Fable 2 still doesnt beat Oblivion.

Oblivion had 1000 talking NPCs.

60,000 lines of dialogue, over 50 hours spoken.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/05/20/tech/gamecore/main696763.shtml

Half the DVD space was taken up by dialogue.

http://www.rpgfan.com/previews/oblivion/index.html

But since we all know how incredibly good Oblivion was, this is good news about Fable 2.

Oblivion was not a good game. And Oblivion may have had lots of voice-work, but almost all of it was terrible.

eliasg said:
so fable2 is going to be RPG of the year 2008???

Dragon Age is the best chance for GOTY. Then Warhammer Online. Then Wrath of the Lich King. Then Age of Conan. Then Space Siege. Then Fable 2.

Over a 100 reviewers disagree with you. Oblivion was a superb game. 94% on Gamerankings and it's the Top 5 game voted by users, on all platforms.

Besides, stop posting FUD. Dragon Age isn't a 2008 release.

(we hardly no nuffin about that game, in best case scenario it is a late 2009 release)

Slimebeast said:
shio said:
Slimebeast said:

But since we all know how incredibly good Oblivion was, this is good news about Fable 2.

Oblivion was not a good game. And Oblivion may have had lots of voice-work, but almost all of it was terrible.

eliasg said:

Dragon Age is the best chance for GOTY. Then Warhammer Online. Then Wrath of the Lich King. Then Age of Conan. Then Space Siege. Then Fable 2.

Over a 100 reviewers disagree with you. Oblivion was a superb game. 94% on Gamerankings and it's the Top 5 game voted by users, on all platforms.

(we hardly no nuffin about that game, in best case scenario it is a late 2009 release)

But gamers agree with me. Just go to Bethesda forums and see how the vast majority of them prefer Morrowind to Oblivion, and how many of them were dissapointed by Oblivion.

shio said:
Slimebeast said:
shio said:
Slimebeast said:

eliasg said:

But gamers agree with me. Just go to Bethesda forums and see how the vast majority of them prefer Morrowind to Oblivion, and how many of them were dissapointed by Oblivion.

I already told you that gamers disagree with you - Oblivion is the Top 5 game voted by users at GR site, counting all platforms, all games ever made. Only 4 games are ranked higher than Oblivion by GAMERS (The Orange Box, Bioshock, SuperMario, RE4).

Besides, a big disappointment doesnt equal "not a good game". I know that a lot of people over at Bethesda forums prefer Morrowind over Oblivion, but most of them still think Oblivion is awesome.

Can't wait for this game.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
shio said:

I already told you that gamers disagree with you - Oblivion is the Top 5 game voted by users at GR site, counting all platforms, all games ever made. Only 4 games are ranked higher than Oblivion by GAMERS (The Orange Box, Bioshock, SuperMario, RE4).

Besides, a big disappointment doesnt equal "not a good game". I know that a lot of people over at Bethesda forums prefer Morrowind over Oblivion, but most of them still think Oblivion is awesome.

Or go to Metacritic and see Oblivion getting an average of 7.6 from users.

And no, most people at Bethesda forums prefer Morrowind. Just chek the Morrowind vs Oblivion polls, and Morrowind winning with atleast 70% of the votes, every time.

How did my thread about Fable 2 awesomeness turn into an Oblivion-fest?

I mean its common knowledge Fable 2 will wipe the floor with Oblivion in every way that counts, but we don't have to rub that in EVERY time Fable 2 is mentioned.

Machina-AX said:

Lots of comparisons with Oblivion but I kind of got bored halfway through reading the thread so I have a couple of questions:

Are these comparisons restricted to the audio content? Is Fable actually anything like Oblivion to play?

If it is I'll have to strike Fable 2 off of my wish list because I absolutely loath Oblivion's combat.

Other than the fact that both games are WRPG's, Fable 2 and Oblivion are ultimately very different games.

On a side note, I really did loath Oblivion.

i'm excited for this game...Fable 2 should be great!