By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4 has shipped 3 million copies WW for the first 2 weeks

NIKOS_SE said:
taking into account that ps3 has zero piracy i think that mgs4 ltd sales will be over 5 million maybe over 6 million.And in 1-2 years we will see an improved version of mgs4 like with previous mgs4 that will easily sell more than 3 million ,so the whole mgs4 project will end selling more than 8 million

The improved versions only sell like half a million.

5.5 max with the re-release improved version treatment included.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
so there are 1.3 million copies sitting on shelves....sorry but Vg chartz has undertracked this game

Not necessarily. This weeks US MGS4 numbers are not in yet.

Weren't those estimated 1.5m sales over three days due to the Thursday release?

Second week sales should be over a period of 11 days if so.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were some corrections being made over the next couple weeks. I'm waiting until the end of the first month of sales before coming to any immediate conclusions.

2.25m sales WW for the first two weeks wouldn't be a surprise though.

NA numbers say "hi !!!"

WW = NA + PAL + Japan

Time to Work !

It is quite impressive achievments , and with 2.4 FW , the replay value will  improve

very much , not even to this game as well with PS3 games, plus increased installed base of PS#.

IMO it wil sell more than 5 million easily, within two months.

If that happens , I am wondering what thel haters will come up with to ruin the party...

"Next Gen. doesn't start until Sony says so", and it starts with.....

Metal Gear "Solid" launch.

Quote :"Ironic isn't it? Sony charges nothing for it's service yet you don't have to deal with pop-adds. Yet xbox live charges and gives you ads that you can't close. Funny how different the west is from the east."

Around the Network

Good then it can reach 4 million by end of 08.

cloudy-spikey said:

It is quite impressive achievments , and with 2.4 FW , the replay value will  improve

very much , not even to this game as well with PS3 games, plus increased installed base of PS#.

IMO it wil sell more than 5 million easily, within two months.

If that happens , I am wondering what thel haters will come up with to ruin the party...

5 million is a little too overly optimistic..

darthdevidem01 said:
so there are 1.3 million copies sitting on shelves....sorry but Vg chartz has undertracked this game

not necessarily...for instance we know how many copies where shipped in Italy...and in its 1st week the game (gfk source) sold about half of shipped copies. We also know that attach ratio for the game is similar in Italy and UK (again gfk source)...so we could assume that the pattern could be similar in the rest of the world and thus having 1.3M copies still sitting on the shelves could be prefectly normal.

2008 year end sales (made in January 2008):

44.2 M 27.1 M 20.8 M

Congrats, Konami. That's worth upwards of $180 million in retail.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

VGchartz creators have an obvious bias against the MGS franchise. Both MGS1 and 2 are 1 and 2 million undertracked respectively (and have not been adjusted despite every source showcasing this disparity) and the MGS3S isn't even tracked. I didn't expect anything but skewed numbers for MGS4 as well.