By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Project Origin Coming to wii too?

http://e3.net/games/?game_id=58

Fans of F.E.A.R. get their long-awaited true sequel from Monolith Productions in the form of Project Origin. The name may be changed, but the backstory and the world in which it is set remains the same. Set after the events of the previous game, the paranormal goings-on have spread by the time the game opens, now threatening to engulf a major American city. Expect questions to be answered, bullets to be fired and time to be slowed down when Project Origin this fall.

Look at the systems its for. Wii is listed. ALso no pc? I'm thinking a mistake, but Idk yet.

Around the Network

Is that even the official E3 page?

Project Origin uses the same F.E.A.R. engine, so it would be hard to say if the Wii can handle it or not. The thing I remember is that on PC it consumes memory like crazy...

http://gamesblog.ugo.com/index.php/gamesblog/more/fear_2_now_called_project_origin/

...Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment will publish Project Origin, the videogame sequel to the hit game F.E.A.R., developed by Monolith Productions for the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Games for Windows®.  The name was chosen by the fans, as they submitted entries and then voted for the winning submission...

It might be an old article, but still... They wouldn't be lying coming from an official press release or something. So nope, not going to happen any time soon. :(

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

fazz said:

Project Origin uses the same F.E.A.R. engine, so it would be hard to say if the Wii can handle it or not. The thing I remember is that on PC it consumes memory like crazy...
NO... its from UGO website I knew this days before, I dont bother to make a thread about this because its not the official site.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

fazz said:

If that is so, then it has to be a mistake. Unless they optimized it for the wii which I doubt. If the wii had more ram I wouldn't be too skeptical, but that is its weakest point.

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
fazz said:

If that is so, then it has to be a mistake. Unless they optimized it for the wii which I doubt. If the wii had more ram I wouldn't be too skeptical, but that is its weakest point.

Yeah, but it's quite fast compared to PC memory of back then (2005), but seeing that this is not the official E3's site, I don't think so then.

It could probably be done, with some compromises. And any Wii FPS we can get is a Very Good Thing (tm).

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

i think the site just made a mistake

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

seems like a mistake to me.

FEAR looked good, and used a ton of memory, because it used a lot of pre-calculated lighting ... The gameplay from the game was nothing beyond what could have been done on the PS2 or Dreamcast though.

I'm not saying that this game is actually comming out for the Wii, but I also don't think that it is as impossible as some people would think.