By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will one current gen consoles be able to play Saturn/Dreamcast games?

I think it would be a smart move by sega cause current console makers would have to pay the rights for it.

Or maybe one could be able to download Saturn/Dreamcast games through the respective online stores (even on Wii could be done if you could play the games through a SD card).

Do you think it could happen in this generation?

Around the Network

Saturn yes.. Dreamcast no.. Dreamcast is to new.. It was in the same generation as the gamecube, ps2 & xbox.. that's just one generation ago...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

So we don't care about Sega systems on this website huh?

Maybe next gen. I see Microsoft paying a hefty sum for the right to download old Sega games.

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

NiKKoM said:
Saturn yes.. Dreamcast no.. Dreamcast is to new.. It was in the same generation as the gamecube, ps2 & xbox.. that's just one generation ago...

If the 360 is selling Xbox games online why couldn't it sell Dreamcast games?

Around the Network
lightbleeder said:
So we don't care about Sega systems on this website huh?

XBLA already has a bunch of cool old school games,such as Sonic.

I would guess that Nintendo would probably get the Saturn on the VC if they can sort out the problems associated with transferring the games from a CD instead of a cartridge.

I highly doubt the Dreamcast will though...

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

Saturn on Virtual Console
Dreamcast too new.

lightbleeder said:
NiKKoM said:

If the 360 is selling Xbox games online why couldn't it sell Dreamcast games?

That's a good one!. Beside the fact that it's much easier to just buy the original game in the store.. maybe the games are too big so it takes too long to download.. could you imagine downloading shenmue 2 which came on 4 GD roms?? 1 GD rom was 1.2 gig.. That's the biggest problem.. besides emulation of course..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

@NiKKoM

Yeah the games could be large, as large as 5GB (for Shenmue 2) but I believe that 5GB is still a reasonable size! Besides most games would be under 1.2GB wich is about the size of the demos on the PSN...

I still think that it is a good idea...