By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Blizzard site drops heavy Diablo 3 hints?!?!?

I haven't been a consumer of Blizzard products since Warcraft 2 and I never liked Diablo.

Actually I despise Blizzard for making WOW and thereby killing Dark Age of Camelot. =(

So what am I trying to say? I hope it's new IP, and with innovation instead of the refinement and constant use of clichés.

Around the Network

Every time Blizzard released a game, I was always sucked into it - really really hard.

I usually end up playing it until I become a complete wreck and I have to save myself from an abyss of game addiction. It's like a drug. It destroys my real life. I personally hope they won't release anything new for a while.

Besides, too many games too little time. I have over 10 games that I'm actively playing right now and I've recently ordered 4 titles. With the releases of Spore and Starcraft II, I'll be exhausted like a zombie. With Diablo III, I'm sure I'll be dead.

No, it's not going to stop  'Til you wise up
No, it's not going to stop  So just ... give up
- Aimee Mann

Interesting.

Another interesting note, if you do a whois lookup on diablo3.com, you'll note that Blizzard definitely owns the domain, though it was registered years ago. The more interesting thing is that the domain was updated(whatever a domain update entails) in the last 2 weeks, possibly prepping for a site launch?

The only teeth strong enough to eat other teeth.

A diablo mmo doesn't make sense as it'd just end up competing with wow. I hope its like the other games in the series just modernised for today.

Around the Network

Bear in mind that a Diablo MMO doesn't necessarily have to be similar in style and play to WoW. WoW is big on the whole open world, single-mob combat style of play(yes I know there are exceptions), whereas Diablo has generally been more of a dungeon crawl, mass-mob combat flavour. I see no reason why 2 very different styles of MMO's couldn't co-exist.

The only teeth strong enough to eat other teeth.

Still nothing to put out these rumours and "definite" announcements

It could mean nething. You see ice, either hell has freezen or the main environmental theme (WoW Expansion). Nething could happen, might wait and hopefully Blizzard doesnt screw people over (what they've done in WoW :P)

Above I'm a proud Gran Turismo fan, not a Sony fanboy, and now a proud 360 owner, but sharing xbox live accts ATM

End of 2009 Predictions (made Jan 1, 2009): My predictions were pretty accurate, the 360 was over and the Wii was just under.

Wii: 65 mil (yea I'm crazy) 360: 35 mil (its getting there) PS3: 30 mil (the slim better do well)

End of 2010 Predictions (made Jan 7, 2010):

Wii: 81 mil  360: 47 mil PS3: 45 mil

naraku2099 said:
HappySqurriel said:

I could be wrong, but I have been expecting Blizzard to announce a "World of Diablo" MMO game for awhile ...

If they took the (software) infastructure built for World of Warcraft over the past couple of years, spent 2 years upgrading it (and adding new features), created a new client focusing on producing better graphics (aiming to get good performance in most situations off of a 2 year old PC), and created new content based on the Diablo games it would be a new revenue stream for the next 5 years.

I would be pissed if Blizzard made a Diablo MMO like that PoS WOW.

That would ruin it.

The #1 Goal of any game studio is to make money.  There are untold fortunes to be made with a well designed MMO.  Just because you wouldnt buy it doesnt mean that 10 million others (with yearly subscriptions and multiple accounts) wouldnt. :)

Bethesda's Todd Howard "if install base really mattered, we'd all make board games, because there are a lot of tables."

Feel free to add me ...

PSN ID - jedson328
XBL Gamertag - jedson328

jedson328 said:
naraku2099 said:
HappySqurriel said:

I could be wrong, but I have been expecting Blizzard to announce a "World of Diablo" MMO game for awhile ...

If they took the (software) infastructure built for World of Warcraft over the past couple of years, spent 2 years upgrading it (and adding new features), created a new client focusing on producing better graphics (aiming to get good performance in most situations off of a 2 year old PC), and created new content based on the Diablo games it would be a new revenue stream for the next 5 years.

I would be pissed if Blizzard made a Diablo MMO like that PoS WOW.

That would ruin it.

The #1 Goal of any game studio is to make money.  There are untold fortunes to be made with a well designed MMO.  Just because you wouldnt buy it doesnt mean that 10 million others (with yearly subscriptions and multiple accounts) wouldnt. :)

Blizzard is already developing another MMO that definitely shouldn't be Diablo 3. Instead of Blizzard having WoW and Diablo 3 as MMO's, they will probably have WoW, the unnamed MMO and Diablo 3 (not MMO) existing at the same time.