By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EU sales UP!!PS3 OUCH!

shanbcn said:
koffieboon said:
shanbcn said:
MANUELF said:
shanbcn said:
PS3 adjusted down but what about Wii? Wii is still over tracked by 500k in Germany and France.

link?

Why PS3 France numbers were adjusted down? It was because of recent LTD numbers which put Wii at 1,8 million. It means overtracked by 300k and in Germany Wii recently "shipped" 1 million acording to Nintendo and VG already have it over 1 million.

The German number is very unclear, there is no date nor a specific number (the current number of 1.17M is also over 1M). We haven’t got any recent Gfk numbers for Germany, so until those get published I don’t think there will be any adjustments. As far as France numbers go, the difference already exist since the end of 2007. Compared to Gfk the numbers on Vgchartz seem a bit high for Wii, for some reason ioi doesn’t feel a need to adjust them. The difference might not be as high as 300k though, the 1.8M figure is a rounded number and there is no date for these numbers, so they could be a few weeks old.

PS3 was adjusted down thanks to these numbers so why can't Wii?

Are you ioi?

If not, how exactly do you know that the numbers were adjusted due to this report? After a large weekly shift, there's almost alwasy an adjustment in one direction or another the next time.

Around the Network
shanbcn said:
MANUELF said:
shanbcn said:
MANUELF said:
shanbcn said:
PS3 adjusted down but what about Wii? Wii is still over tracked by 500k in Germany and France.

link?

Why PS3 France numbers were adjusted down? It was because of recent LTD numbers which put Wii at 1,8 million. It means overtracked by 300k and in Germany Wii recently "shipped" 1 million acording to Nintendo and VG already have it over 1 million.

I still ask link?

PS3: 800k

360: 700k

Wii: 1,8m

http://fr.news.yahoo.com/afp/20080624/tcu-medias-entreprises-marketing-7b903d2.html

So Wii is overtracked and there is no need to be shocked.

Fishyjoe,

There was no need for giving me a warning becasue these numbers come today and is the reason PS3 adjusted down in France.

So ... When Nintendo announced 24.5 Million Wii systems shipped as of March 31st 2008 and it has sold (according to NPD and VGChartz) over 1.5 Million units in North America since March 31st we're supposed to conclude that there were no sales in Japan and Europe over these months?

The fact is that the Nintendo Executive had to have been using outdated numbers ...

I'll have to share the sentiment about the low sales. Sony needs to respond before the momentum shifts. Europe is always shafted with second tier items, despite the consumers paying a premium over all other territories.

That means - where is 80 gb? Where is dual shock?

Even though, something still seems a bit off.  A drop like that is massive and has to be attributed to something either being overtracked or undertacked.  There could be a multitude of forces at work.

Also as a community we are reading into these sales week by week, I think we should be alarmed if they start to sink month by month.

Console Agnostic since 2001.

shanbcn said:
koffieboon said:
shanbcn said:
MANUELF said:
shanbcn said:

link?

The German number is very unclear, there is no date nor a specific number (the current number of 1.17M is also over 1M). We haven’t got any recent Gfk numbers for Germany, so until those get published I don’t think there will be any adjustments. As far as France numbers go, the difference already exist since the end of 2007. Compared to Gfk the numbers on Vgchartz seem a bit high for Wii, for some reason ioi doesn’t feel a need to adjust them. The difference might not be as high as 300k though, the 1.8M figure is a rounded number and there is no date for these numbers, so they could be a few weeks old.

PS3 was adjusted down thanks to these numbers so why can't Wii?

PS3 is at 876k at France on June 21st, I really don't think ioi made any adjustments based on these numbers.

Could retailers also have been sold out of PS3s? I know where I am at in North America, Walmart, Gamestop, and Best Buy are currently sold out in my area.

I don't think it is too far fetched to guestimate that PS3s could be sold out at multiple retailers.

Around the Network
PooperScooper said:
NJ5 said:
What about "Introducing a 200 € cheaper model"? Is that satisfactory for you?

That's perfect actually. You guys get to point out how much less the model was than the previous one and it doesnt make it seem like the same exact model all of a sudden got slashed by 200 dollars.

I don't think people say "200 € price cut" out of being mean... It's just the simplest way to say it, and Europe isn't even the most complicated case. In the American case, you need a PhD to actually understand all the dancing in PS3 price/SKUs strategy.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

When is the release date for Spain???

I fall yeap, not a big fall but is coming back to the regular numbers...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

Could retailers also have been sold out of PS3s? I know where I am at in North America, Walmart, Gamestop, and Best Buy are currently sold out in my area.

I don't think it is too far fetched to guestimate that PS3s could be sold out at multiple retailers.

talkingparrot said:

still lots of ps3 bundles ("40gignobackwardcompatibilitynodualshocksortofripoffwithmgs4foronly439€thatsequalto650$") here in Italy.

uh, wait a moment: this bundle has the reason for its less-than-expected performance carved in its name!

2008 year end sales (made in January 2008):

44.2 M 27.1 M 20.8 M

Are people really being banned for suggesting the wii numbers might be too high and thus overtracked?

My oh my, dont ever disrespect the wii around here....

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot