By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom licenses Epic Games' Unreal Engine 3 for new title

Soriku said:
fazz said:

Soriku said:
fazz said:
Why you post this on the Nintendo subforum? The Wii will never run UE3... NEVER!!!

@WoW: Why not Megaman?

Because they'll turn him into a bald space marine. :(

Megaman is already bald... :D

O RLY?

YA RLY!

Why do you think he wears a helmet? :)

Around the Network

Please, people! At no point did Epic say that UE3 couldn't be handled by the Wii, or that it wouldn't be going to the Wii. All they said was they aren't bringing it over, because they don't think the market for an engine with that much power is large enough on the Wii:

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/11/23/unreal-engine-3-coming-to-wii-but-not-by-epic/

So there is every chance in the world that it could be for the Wii. Personally, I think that it's a stretch based on what they told us, but hey - they know what their sources said, and if they wanted to put it in the 'wii' part of their site, who am I to complain?

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

Given how long it has been since we last heard anything about the company working on UE3 for the Wii I am starting to think it is not likely. A different, and likely better Wii middleware engine will come out to make it not worth the hassle of fiddling with.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Actually Epic said someone was porting UE3 to the Wii. One of their customers.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

They said in 2007 off the Gears Hype that the U3 engine couldn't run on the Wii.

They later said for the UT3 game hype that the Wii couldn't handle it and that with this a developer who will remain nameless is planing on giving it a shot.

Most people assumed Ubisoft as they used UT2 engine on Red Steel.

The second statement was after UT3 was released.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network
fazz said:
Why you post this on the Nintendo subforum? The Wii will never run UE3... NEVER!!!

@WoW: Why not Megaman?

To the best of my knowledge, UE3 is a 3D game engine.  I firmly want 2D Megaman goodness.

Legends was okay as far as games go but very much disappointing for a Megaman game.

I'm a 2D platforming elitest when it comes to Megaman, Castlevania, Metroid, and a few other titles... I need my 2D goodness.  ^_^