By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom licenses Epic Games' Unreal Engine 3 for new title

Capcom licenses Epic Games' Unreal Engine 3 for new title

Posted Jun 25, 2008 at 12:49AM by Tim Y. Listed in: News, Games Tags: Epic Games, Capcom, Unreal Engine, Keiji Inafune

Ó
9 QJ

Capcom announced that they have entered an agreement to license the Unreal Engine 3 from Epic Games.

This is the second time the company licensed the engine, with a similar agreement taking place early last year for a game under development with Capcom's North America studio.

For this particular case, Capcom indicated that the engine was to be used for a yet-to-be identified title currently under development in Europe. Keiji Inafune in particular noted that the company's Europe dev team had thorough knowledge of the engine.

Capcom didn't provide any further details regarding their new mystery title, though we'll be keeping out eyes peeled in case any further updates arrive.

http://wii.qj.net/Capcom-licenses-Epic-Games-Unreal-Engine-3-for-new-title/pg/49/aid/121473

Wonder what game it could be? A known IP or a new one?

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Around the Network

Well it is probably the second unknown game confirmed for E3. One of them is definitely for the wii, and I don't believe Unreal Engine 3 could be used for wii games.

Hell, i'd be happy if they licensed Unreal Engine 2.5(what was used for UT2004). If they could make UT2k4 look as good as it does on the PC, it would easily be the best-looking game on the Wii.

Please not Megaman.

Please not Megaman.

Please not Megaman.

Please not Megaman.

Please not Megaman.

Please not Megaman.

Why you post this on the Nintendo subforum? The Wii will never run UE3... NEVER!!!

@WoW: Why not Megaman?

Around the Network

Soriku said:
fazz said:
Why you post this on the Nintendo subforum? The Wii will never run UE3... NEVER!!!

Because they'll turn him into a bald space marine. :(

Megaman is already bald... :D

UE3 is a very versatile one, it's not like you only have the models of Gears. This is made with it:

@Fazz I don't want it to be Megaman, because I think the game would fit better on the wii in 2d.

fazz said:

Because this piece of rumor/news was posted on a Wii site.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

The way I see it, it cannot be a game for Wii since UE3 doesn't suport Wii development.

I can't be the average PC/PS3/360 multiplat à la DMC4 or SFIV because Capcom already possesses a decent engine for it.

Most likely, I think they've licensed Unreal Engine 3 for the development of an MMO. UE3 has already been licensed for several MMO's, so I think that may be it.

It's the fad of today: Every big publisher is going to have a Big MMO for the cash-in.

Why is this in the Nintendo forums? The chances of an UE3 game running on the Wii are very slim indeed. Not because the Wii can't run it, it can. It just wouldn't make much sense.