By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Anyone think 9 to 5 is good or bad working hours

Pff you guys really don't know how to pick a job. I worked for a consultancy agency for a couple of months (I finished my assignment and will leave tomorow) but I could make my own schedule. That usually meant I got in at around 10:30 in the morning and went home around 4 in the afternoon. And work a bit from home to.

It was basicly like: We write you up for 32 hours a week. You decide how to send them as long as the assignment is finished end of june.

I've taken up an adminstrative job now though, for a month to fill my in between time... working according to schedule is going to be a pain

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Around the Network

I work 8:30 to 4:30, 5 days a week(I get to skip lunch because I signed a waiver.) 2 of those day are worked at home, though, so it's not so bad.

I preferred my last position's schedule prior to my current job, 5 A.M.-2 P.M. That was ideal for me.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

agree with 12pm to 8 pm

Well, whatever you do, DON'T EVER do 7am - 3pm.
In my opinion, it's just hell.

It's too... "in the middle". Like, in order to get to work by 7, you can't exactly perform at an early bird pace, nor can you do a sleeping-in pace. And getting out by 3 gives you the feeling that your day's been ruined, because it's smack in the afternoon.

EDIT: I actually would LOVE to have a regular 9-5 shift, but yeah.

Sony will prevail. My 60 gig says so.

PlayStation 3 Games:

- Rock Band
- Rock Band 2
- Soulcalibur IV
- LittleBigPlanet
- Guitar Hero: World Tour

Around the Network

It's better 6am to 2:30.

What a way to make a livin'

"Like most people, I have a job that goes from 9 in the morning till 5 in ther afternoon, I think this is a bit too long and would like to change it from 9:30 to 4:30, so we can spend a bit longer in bed and have fun/relax later on."

Nice working hours. It's normal eight hours, so what is the big deal ?

I can go to the work from 6 am to 8 am and leave 2pm to 5pm.

It's called "sliding work time", you need to balance your hours at some point, max of sliding time is -20 hours to +20 hours.

Nothing's cheaper than something free.

F1 vs FOTA, when too much power is in couple peoples hands.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I work 10pm to 9am five days a week and goto school 5pm-9:30pm 2 days a week. I can't wait to goto, then finish, law school and work 80 hours a week... DURING THE DAY! I never see the freakin' sun. 7am-8pm, yes please. One day, in another 15-20 years I hope to work 9-5. Then another few years and I will be dead.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

toastboy44562 said:
well i have two jobs

Somebody wants a PS3...

I'm starting work next week 6-14