By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii now distribute mangas on wiiware. YES... REAL MANGAS YEY!

Huh; that came out of nowhere. Well, good for those of you who like manga, I guess, if this ever comes Stateside.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network

Too bad the DS doesn't have any flash memory, it'd be cool to dump these on the DS for some on-the-go reading. Sure the screens are small but that didn't hurt the manga cutscenes in Ouendan..

★☆jyona★♪

Lafiel said:
reading them from a screen with 640x480 res won't be funny - eye-cancer guaranteed

even the highest resolution monitor screens don't come close to the dpi (dot per inch) rate of the printed versions, thats why I only buy printed manga and don't dl any

Your so pungent with hardcore that I can smell it over here... it's oozing through the internet.

IF that's how manga fans are, then Nintendo and this company are in for a world of hurt...

"This won't end well."

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

@ dib8rman )

is there a problem with liking quality, especially for your favorite hobby?

I doubt they will release any of the mature mangas like King of Hell and such.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

Probably Tokyopop would be interested in this kind of media

ssj12 said:
I doubt they will release any of the mature mangas like King of Hell and such.

Well, the Wii does have parental controls, so, it may use that to show the avaliable manga.

We just have to see what will happen.

@lafiel do you really think Sunsoft will just jpeg a manga, make it on wiiware without considering how people view it on the screen? Think about it.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

thekitchensink said:
Anime Channel plz?

I have the anime network from ADV and the funimation channel on my sattelite package. Makes the otaku in me scream in a high pitch voice. If they start streaming to the wii that would be the would bring more people into anime.

So listen nintendo Steal this idea.

I love fighting games !!! Come on challenge me !

dib8rman said:
Lafiel said:
reading them from a screen with 640x480 res won't be funny - eye-cancer guaranteed

even the highest resolution monitor screens don't come close to the dpi (dot per inch) rate of the printed versions, thats why I only buy printed manga and don't dl any

Your so pungent with hardcore that I can smell it over here... it's oozing through the internet.

IF that's how manga fans are, then Nintendo and this company are in for a world of hurt...

"This won't end well."

Oh but Japanese will probably love it though....They are reading books on their mobile phone so they will love this for sure..

But hey I am just that kind of reader who like to reads books/manga in his bed, I get headaches if I have to read to much on a screen.