By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "Nintendo" more popular than "Orgy" for google sercheas in Pensacola, FL.

Obscenity Trial Could Test Whether 'Nintendo' Is More Popular Than 'Orgy'

The New York Times reports that a trial lawyer in Florida defending a man accused of distribution obscene materials is taking a novel approach. To prove something is obscene, a jury must be convinced that the subject matter in question violates community standards.

The Florida lawyer, Lawrence Walters, believes that a look at Google Trends, sifted to represent searches made locally, can make his case.

Mr. Walters chose Pensacola because it is the only city in the court’s jurisdiction that is large enough to be singled out in the service’s data.

"We tried to come up with comparison search terms that would embody typical American values," Mr. Walters said. "What is more American than apple pie?” But according to the search service, he said, “people are at least as interested in group sex and orgies as they are in apple pie."

The Google service does, however, show the relative strength of many mainstream queries in Pensacola: "Nascar," "surfing" and "Nintendo" all beat "orgy."

What’s Obscene? Google Could Have an Answer [New York Times via EGO..trip]

Not sure what this means in therms of the future of gaming or sex, but I don't see any Ace Attorneys shouting "OBJECTION!" to this.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

So, the people is starting to shift fantasies...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

LOL.. And people ask why Europeans find America so silly.. :)

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

That's like saying "dog" is more popular than "border colly".

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Most people know how to get an apple pie eaisly

Less people know how to get a wii or orgy easy.

Around the Network
dtewi said:
That's like saying "dog" is more popular than "border colly".

That depends on how you define "is".

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

"Is" is being used as a linking verb to say dog is a predicate adjective for "popular".

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you