By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Question to PS3/360 owners about RE5 controller preference

Squilliam said:
sc94597 said:

This thread is filled with people downplaying the wii's control advantage and then not explaining why dual analog is better.(like I said they would) At least Squillium and Akuma both gave reasons why they don't like the controls. Even if I do disagree.

I love the controls - its just that I found the inability to turn quickly to be incredibly scary with guys that had shock coils creeping up behind me. For that reason alone I have to give the nod to the Sixaxis, if that wasn't the case then I would say I love the Wiimote 100% for RE.

Two comments on that:

1- RE4:Wii doesn't do one thing Metroid Prime 3 does, which could improve the controls. In MP3, when you point the Wiimote off the screen, the camera follows that direction.

2- In RE4:Wii you can do a fast 180 degree turn by flicking the analog stick down and pressing Z (the run button) at the same time.

@Kurakasa: It's called opinion... The motion controls DO work, and the Wiimote is as good a pointer as a mouse, or better for some games. It's not as fast as a mouse to play FPSs, but many long-time PC gamers (like me) think the Wiimote is an improvement because it makes games more fun and immersive. Immersion is very important for me in gaming.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
windbane said:
It depends on the game for both, really. CoD4 was really good, but Dark Sector was too floaty.

That's the point. The best example of superb pad optimization is Unreal Tournament III. Aiming is really smooth and easy. Personally I find pad pretty accurate and definitely the most comfortable.

naraku2099 said:

No. I wouldn't want a similar controller or control system to Wii for Resident Evil 5.

I'm happy with my PS3 controller and I wouldn't want to be hampered by a controller I'm not familiar with.

I wouldn't want Resident Evil 5 on Xbox360 either. The series started on PlayStation, and I wish it would have stayed on the brand forever. Even if that meant the Resident Evil remake were never made.

Lol, hilarious. Despite the fact that most gamers play games instead of platforms, the best RE's aren't even originating on PS. REmake and RE4. RE2 is probably the best PS RE and isn't as good as the ones I mentioned.

I guess you never wanted FF7 either?

standard controller for me

sc94597 said:
Most ps360 fans would never admit that the wii is better in this area, despite it being true. Most of the time they downplay it by using the wii's graphical limitations. I'm sure though if this does happen, and a game uses it well they would admit it right away.

Just stumpled on this thread and was about to right this exact thing (which is basically along the lines of what i wrote in the thread about what wii games you would want on PS360 - most would never admit there is any such game).

Nintendo's success has turned most fanboys of Xbox and Playstation into some weird creature that can never say anything positive about Wii and continue to lie to themselves.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Around the Network
sc94597 said:

This thread is filled with people downplaying the wii's control advantage and then not explaining why dual analog is better.(like I said they would) At least Squillium and Akuma both gave reasons why they don't like the controls. Even if I do disagree.

I didn't give a reason why I didn't like it?

Anyhoo, like I said, I plan on buying RE4: Wii, so we'll see if it changes then, but I did work with the Dual Analog sticks on the PS2 and on the GC, and maintained 95 percent accuracy.

I played re4 on ps2,gc,and wii. Wii was by far the best one.

tuoyo said:
sc94597 said:
Most ps360 fans would never admit that the wii is better in this area, despite it being true. Most of the time they downplay it by using the wii's graphical limitations. I'm sure though if this does happen, and a game uses it well they would admit it right away.

Just stumpled on this thread and was about to right this exact thing (which is basically along the lines of what i wrote in the thread about what wii games you would want on PS360 - most would never admit there is any such game).

Nintendo's success has turned most fanboys of Xbox and Playstation into some weird creature that can never say anything positive about Wii and continue to lie to themselves.

Could be that there is not much good to say about wii at the moment. No good games available (unless you like nintendo-franchises) and I doubt that everyone just loves the wiimote. I for one can't stand wii games, just got fire emblem and after playing lost odyssey.. oh man, I will sell my wii. :|

(edit: because the lack of games and annoying fanboys like you) :(

smiles123 said:
didnt like the wii version of re 4
GC and ps2 version controls much better
plus thw wii version got rid of the laser sight
or maybe its just im not used to the wii. (Ive only played on a wii twice)

yeah i completly agree when i play a gamr i would rather have a little red dot compared to a reticle on teh screen ...makes total sense

Kurakasa said:
tuoyo said:
sc94597 said:

Just stumpled on this thread and was about to right this exact thing (which is basically along the lines of what i wrote in the thread about what wii games you would want on PS360 - most would never admit there is any such game).

Could be that there is not much good to say about wii at the moment. No good games available (unless you like nintendo-franchises) and I doubt that everyone just loves the wiimote. I for one can't stand wii games, just got fire emblem and after playing lost odyssey.. oh man, I will sell my wii. :|

(edit: because the lack of games and annoying fanboys like you) :(

Make it quick.  Nintendo won't miss you.

I will probably never own a PS3 cause of annoying fan boys on this site.   

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down