By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Question to PS3/360 owners about RE5 controller preference

If Sony and Microsoft announced controllers with similar functionality to the Wiimote (motion sensing / IR pointing), would you rather play RE5 with the new controllers or the current ones, assuming the controls are well implemented?

Perhaps first you should say if you ever tried playing RE4:Wii.

I ask this because I can't see myself playing the game with 360's controller. After playing RE4:Wii and Metroid Prime 3, I just wouldn't enjoy it anymore.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

NJ, I have RE4:Wii, but I actually prefer standard controls....don´t know, despite being less precise, I feel more 'confortable' with standard controls...you might say I´m in the minority >_>

No.I don't prefer a wii-like controller over a standard controller.

*bleu-ocelot* said:

No.I don't prefer a wii-like controller over a standard controller.

Not even for games with lots of aiming?

Most ps360 fans would never admit that the wii is better in this area, despite it being true. Most of the time they downplay it by using the wii's graphical limitations. I'm sure though if this does happen, and a game uses it well they would admit it right away.

Around the Network

I was fine with RE4 on the PS2, so I'll be fine with RE4 on the PS360

DMeisterJ said:

That's not the question :P

Current ones. I don't like playing shooters with the Wii-mote. The aiming never feels natural to me and often needs to be calibrated.

sc94597 said:
Most ps360 fans would never admit that the wii is better in this area, despite it being true. Most of the time they downplay it by using the wii's graphical limitations. I'm sure though if this does happen, and a game uses it well they would admit it right away.

This guy gets the genius award of the day by the way.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

DMeisterJ said:

Example to prove my point. THe ps2s graphics were fine last gen, so the ps2s graphics should be fine this gen.

I'd play it with the mote but don't care if there's no option for it.