By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Rep CONFIRMS God of War 3 at E3!

sweet, cant wait

Around the Network

Great. Hoping for a trailer and release date.

makingmusic476 said:
Mirson said:
MANUELF said:
DMeisterJ said:
Yup pretty obvious.

Too bad it won't come out until March 2009, unless they're breaking the trend here.

Why March 2009?

Because every God of War has been released in March. 2009 seems too early. I'd say 2010.

Well, if you look at consoles GoWs, ti would fit.

God of War - March 2005
God of War II - March 2007
God of War III - March 2009

But chances are they'll need more dev time since it's a ps3 game, so holiday '09 seems more likely. Of course, they did say that they've been working on this game since BEFORE God of War II even went gold. I have a feeling they started figuring out the ps3's architecture when devkits went out. GoWII came out 5 months after the ps3's launch, after all. If that is the case, a March release is still possible.

Another problem is losing Barlog, that probably set them back a month or two.  Even if they were expecting it.  I would say JUNE 2009(!) at the earliest.

Check us out at the Vindication Gamer Network on Youtube. 

I really can't wait for Sony's showing at E3. It's going to be one hell of a display.

it is possible to be released in march 2009.Two and half years are more than enough for a game to be developed

Around the Network

It took the Jaffe led team 3 years to do the original God of War,  and they had released two game(?) for the system before hand. ( I believe those two were Twisted Metal: Black and War of the Monsters, if I'm not mistaken)

Check us out at the Vindication Gamer Network on Youtube. 

Goods news. This game should push Hardware up to a reasonable degree. I'm going to predict a mid 09 release.

PSN- williwod

Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people- Mr Garrison

Should help significantly boost PS3 sales with God of War 3 due out in 2009. Along with FF XIII and GT 5, 2009 will be a great year for the PS3.

I expect it to sell well, but i won't push hardware a lot i think.

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Rock_on_2008 said:
Should help significantly boost PS3 sales with God of War 3 due out in 2009. Along with FF XIII and GT 5, 2009 will be a great year for the PS3.

I thought FFXIII was going to launch this holiday season.  Sometime in November.