By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is a bigger Franchise? God of War or Animal Crossing?

The best part of this thread was semantics being used it for fanboyism. Semantics FTW!

OT, I haven't played either. We can expect both games will be "big" on their respective consoles. We'll see which is "bigger." Right after I go measure my...

Around the Network

Bigger franchise? right now it's a TIE, 3 games each.

or

Bigger franchise? Animal Crossing, that's 14 letters + a space = 15. God of War, that's 8 letters + 2 spaces = 10. AC WINS.

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

AC on the Wii will have LTD sales of over 5 million easily. It could get to 10 million.

GOW on PS3 will be lucky to get past 3 million.

salaminizer said:

Bigger franchise? right now it's a TIE, 3 games each.

or

Bigger franchise? Animal Crossing, that's 14 letters + a space = 15. God of War, that's 8 letters + 2 spaces = 10. AC WINS.

Ah, now I get the thread. Thanks.

Who popularly demanded this thread?

Around the Network
GlingGling said:

soriku

Edit: Well he said  " Go make a thread that asks which is bigger AC or GoW and you will see how many people will say AC."

in the UK

an "austin allegro" sold more than a "mclaren F1" yet the "mclaren F1" is an entire planet apart from the "austin allegro"

i think the above^ sums this up quite clearly

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

sc94597 said:
GlingGling said:

soriku

Edit: Well he said  " Go make a thread that asks which is bigger AC or GoW and you will see how many people will say AC."

Ok, so now that Kingofwale is crying in a corner in the fetal position, wrapped up in a canadian flag like a tortilla...

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

*bleu-ocelot* said:
God of War is the bigger franchise.Using the DS as a scapegoat is ridiculous.Hanheld games generally lean toward every little kid out there.When AC sells that much on the wii,then we'll talk.That's also like saying that AC is bigger or as big as Halo.Ridiculous folly.

It is irrelevant who the game sold to or why. I can say Mario Baseball is bigger than God of War because God of War only sells to people who buy Sony products. You can't exclude a bunch of people because you dislike them. A game franchise size can only be objectively measured by sales. It is essentially measuring just how popular the game is. Popularity is not diminished because the majority of your supporters come from a single demographic.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

leo-j said:
Alright nintendo won this e3 if they announce animal crossing.

Thats all, let this thread die now.

I miss the days when you were banned. Your ridiculous method of arguing is so unbelievably annoying. You throw out ludicrous claims one way, and end the arguement trying to straw man the people correcting you.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229