By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Any Wii games you want to see on PS360?

Super Mario Galaxy and Brawl. That is all.

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
bardicverse said:
sc94597 said:
bardicverse said:
sc94597 said:
bardicverse said:
sc94597 said:
@PSwii60 Zelda isn't an rpg, it's an Action-Adventure.

Technically, Zelda is an Adventure RPG, or straight Adventure. Action Adventure is more like Tomb Raider

Not really. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metroidvania#Sub-genres

Don't quote a source that is editable by any person with internet access. As a game developer, I can tell you that the Zelda series is NOT considered action adventure. By Miyamoto himself, he calls them an adventure series. Action Adventure is much faster paced than Zelda games are, and often with less focus on story.

Link to where miyamoto refers to it as an adventure game? Also an adventure game has no action at all. Examples of these are Zack and Wiki, Myst, and Sam & Max. Also here are some that game siteslabel it as action adventure .

http://cheats.ign.com/objects/837/837593.html

http://www.gamespot.com/nes/adventure/legendofzelda/index.html?tag=result;title;8

Its on an audio session of GDC conference 2006. If you care to purchase it, you can do so over at gamasutra.com. To further the point, the wiki link listed the Atari game "Adventure" as action adventure, which it is not, it is listed by atari as an adventure game. Dont get "point and click adventures" confused with adventure games, as they are a subgenre of the adventure genre.

Action adventure games tend to be more fast paced, Zelda games are way too slow and explorative to be an action-rpg. Tom Clancy games are a better model of action adventure

At the end of the day, its an endless debate, but in the eyes of developers, the Zelda series isn't what we consider an action-adventure.

So why do game sites label it as an action adventure? Anyway I use to also think the same as you until a week ago. Also you are confusing Action games, with Action-Adventures, and Action-Adventures with Adventure games. Also tom clancy games have no adventuring aspects at all. Action-Adventures have to have aspects of both action games, and adventure games.

the site totally ate my reply. too tired to reply now. maybe another day

Well firstly, for my answer i'll say there really aren't any.

my reason being, i have no ties to nintendo. Most of you guys grew up with Mario/Zelda, etc and love those series. I on the other hand, did not. I grew up with playstation.

So what i'm getting at is i've never really played Zelda or Mario (besides on a gameboy). So i don't really care about mario.

heh.

u guyz 'r funnie..
i nevah thought zelda wuz an action-adventure...
i alwayz thought it to be an adventure-rpg like bardicverse said..

i knew it wuz an adventure, but it is close enough to be an rpg...

oh, well...
it doesn't matter anywayz

i still would have love to see zelda on PS3 and metroid on Xbox360
that's all i'm sayin'

heheheh =)

I don't really remember if I said Wii games were short. I thought I said they were lacking in content. If not, then, well, that's what i meant. Any game can be long depending on how you play it.
Mario Kart, only 32 tracks( 16 from the past games?)? and no special moves?
It is a great game, but i'm tired of it already. There is no dynamic. Different racers= the same experience over and over.